Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes V West Coast

Naismith is not the answer. We will lose too much around the park. And as Danger showed, a top midfielder is capable of snaffling an opposition ruckman's tap. Can you imagine Naismith trying to run with Grundy and Gawn. He couldn't even keep up with McEvoy or Zac Smith a couple of seasons ago. At least Sinclair can keep up around the ground.

Re Cameron, I watch most NEAFL games and I am a fan. He has a good tank and pulls his weight in both attack and defence. He is also an accurate kick. My only reservation had been his ruck work but he matched it with Nicholls a couple of weeks ago and it generally looks better. He may have looked a little out of the action on Saturday because he played a bit in the forward line to give Knolls a run in the ruck and our midfield was getting belted.

Is Cameron an AFL ruckman? I don't know but I think it's worth giving him an extended opportunity this year. He's been super consistent at NEAFL level. If he doesn't cut it, then delist. My concern is we delist him without this opportunity and he replicates his NEAFL form at AFL level for another club (does the name Nankervis ring a bell?).

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Apparently Kinear Beatson saw Knoll in action when he was reviewing the Zapruder footage.

First impression was that he was as green as grass. Thought he was worth another shot.
    Well in that case, perhaps we could call Knoll ‘Andy’, short for Andrew as in Andrew Denton?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Can we rename him...... Laocoön ?

It’s better then “Reg” Grundy 😂 lol
    As in the name behind "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts"? I don't think Odysseus likes anything vaguely suggestive of a suspicious attitude towards gift-bearing Greeks, even if the Trojan Horse suggests otherwise! That Laocoön came to a nasty end.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Optimistic to expect much of an impact from him at all. Yes, He won lots of hit outs, but I don’t recall him being overly effective with the majority of his taps ( certainly no Gawn or Grundy with taps to advantage) , and after that offers absolutely zilch around the ground. Doesn’t mark it , doesn’t throw his weight around, hardly gets a a touch at all and certainly doesn’t hit the scoreboard.
    .....but I also distinctly remember him being an integral part of our excellent 2016 season where we barnstormed into the GF. He seemed pretty effective then.

I suppose the question with him now maybe reliability injury wise.....and whether he can return as good as he was at his 2016 best.

I'm available, provided they get me before my first drink.
    big rains in Sydney today. Hope they're out training in it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    .....but I also distinctly remember him being an integral part of our excellent 2016 season where we barnstormed into the GF. He seemed pretty effective then.

I suppose the question with him now maybe reliability injury wise.....and whether he can return as good as he was at his 2016 best.
    We had a gun midfield in 2016. Didn't really matter who won the tap when you had JPK, Parker, Hanners, Jack all in their prime with future Brownlow Mitchell as backup.

- - - Updated - - -

Even Annie H would have been a serviceable ruck with that on ball brigade!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Surely McVeigh could impart his wealth of defensive knowledge from the other side of the boundary. His game time could be given to somebody who can run, jump and tackle who will be part of our team for the next ten years.
    We are getting close to a tipping point with the lack of experience
    McVeighs onfield coaching is probably doing wonders for the kids
    I still think he can play out most of year before moving to the bench to coach

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Surely McVeigh could impart his wealth of defensive knowledge from the other side of the boundary. His game time could be given to somebody who can run, jump and tackle who will be part of our team for the next ten years.
    Ok aardvark, I'll go with you on this one and add McVeigh to my outs. Happy to leave Clarke in, as long as he tags and does it effectively.

OUT : Fox, McVeigh

IN : Rose, Stoddart

Still think we need to give Cameron an extended senior run...We need to give him a chance at the top level, otherwise what's the point.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I think the drafting of 2 more ruckman since the start of the year is a vote of no confidence in Cameron and Sinkers.

I still fail to fully understand why they won’t play Cameron. It looks less likely he’ll ever get a second AFL game with the Swans.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think the drafting of 2 more ruckman since the start of the year is a vote of no confidence in Cameron and Sinkers.
    I see it more of a back-up. What would happen if Sinclair couldn't play for the rest of the season? I think he's doing a damn good job considering playing as full-time ruckman isn't his strength.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    I see it more of a back-up. What would happen if Sinclair couldn't play for the rest of the season? I think he's doing a damn good job considering playing as full-time ruckman isn't his strength.
    I’m not sure that’s really what the Swans want: a ruckman who’s doing a great job considering “playing as a full-time ruckman isn’t his strength”

We need better than that

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, as has been remarked before, we learn some things we'd never have known if it weren't for RWO.

That said, the nickname isn't one that is of particularly good omen, then, and only those who've used it will be able to tell us if they were alluding to that seminal moment in American history.
    Not a great moment in US history, but a long time ago now.
    But , of course, this is the reference.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast