Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes V West Coast

Changes V West Coast

What I'd like to see...

OUT. Clarke, McVeigh and Menzel
    INS. Stoddart, McInerney and Rowbottom. Or Rose.

I can't see the point in playing Clarke, why do we need a tagger? Geelong got rid of Menzel for a reason, because he can't run anymore. And Macca is just taking up game time that could be better used for giving the kids experience.

I know you'll all disagree but hey!!!

I'd give Mensel another game. And we will need a tagger against WC, so Clark stays.

Clarke is a liability and shouldn’t play again. Too soft and too many turnovers. Rose not up to AFL standard. Not sure why he wasn’t delisted last year. I’d keep McVeigh for our inexperienced backline but he goes if Smith comes back. Menzel out for a kid.
    By the way - Naismith has been out for 18 months. What’s going on? Club very quiet.

Menzel did okay for his first game of senior footy in nearly a year. Has a touch of class; that tap to Blakey , his roving goal. He’ll only get better, and we need goal kickers.

I wouldn’t make any changes, thought the team played pretty well and nobody other than Rose appears to be banging down the door in the 2’s ( I am assuming his papers have been stamped ).

Also we need a tagger and I’d rather have Clarke do it than Hewett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I wouldn’t make any changes, thought the team played pretty well and nobody other than Rose appears to be banging down the door in the 2’s ( I am assuming his papers have been stamped ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. Really bizarre re-signing the kid. Feel sorry for him, gives his all every week and plays good enough football, just gets no love. Not saying he's a world beater but he deserves more games than we've given him

Given the numbers Rose has been putting up, you can assume there's something fundamental he hasn't addressed this season (consistency, decision making, defensive work rate etc).
    The changes suggested are ludicrous. Unless there's any forced changes through injury, or Kennedy returning, we'll be unchanged (which is nice for a change this year).
    Keep in mind, we just had more scoring shots than Geelong in Geelong. And Clarke kept Duncan rather quiet.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Given the numbers Rose has been putting up, you can assume there's something fundamental he hasn't addressed this season (consistency, decision making, defensive work rate etc).
    The changes suggested are ludicrous. Unless there's any forced changes through injury, or Kennedy returning, we'll be unchanged (which is nice for a change this year).
    Keep in mind, we just had more scoring shots than Geelong in Geelong. And Clarke kept Duncan rather quiet.
    +1

I would really like to see Stoddart get an extended run in his best position on a half back flank and move Mills into the midfield. I just don't understand prioritising Mills intercepting in a backline that keeps all sides sub 100 points to placing him where we need class players the most, in the midfield.

Got to get grassy knoll in. Sinclair just got beat up by Geelong reserves Ruckman who has played about 3senior games in 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    +1
    ..and a rebuilding side needs a good tagger to take on the competition's best.

Veterans List
    Menzel needs a few games to build match fitness and for us to see if he's worth retaining. Clarke is doing a good job of a much needed role keeping oppositions best outside midfielder quiet.

Other than Rose, no one in the NEAFL is putting up such consistent numbers to warrant tipping out a senior incumbent.

No change

OUT : Fox

IN : Rose

Fox has had many opportunities (about 20 games), lots more than Rose(about 10 games), and is yet to produce anything worthy of retention. It's time to look elsewhere.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Surely McVeigh could impart his wealth of defensive knowledge from the other side of the boundary. His game time could be given to somebody who can run, jump and tackle who will be part of our team for the next ten years.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast