Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: #AFL Round 12 Swans v Eagles Sun 9-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansEagles @sydneyswans

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Footy Classified analysed our game and our turnaround and they spoke about Longmire. It might have helped that there weren't as many games played because of the bye so they found time to discuss us!
    What did they say ?

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think that's only part of it. Most of them just aren't very good. Let's face it, you've really got to be a
    loose end to watch "Bounce".
    Oh Dear, I’ll go check !

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    What did they say ?
    They mentioned that our senior players were playing much better and they are now assisting our young players. The specific ones mentioned were Parker and Rampe. There was praise for Papley and Blakey and they debated whether Blakey could be the recruit of the year.

They said that North will provide a big offer to Longmire but they all said that they didn't think he would leave the swans. Hutchy specifically mentioned our list and asked why would he leave after developing those players?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    They mentioned that our senior players were playing much better and they are now assisting our young players. The specific ones mentioned were Parker and Rampe. There was praise for Papley and Blakey and they debated whether Blakey could be the recruit of the year.

They said that North will provide a big offer to Longmire but they all said that they didn't think he would leave the swans. Hutchy specifically mentioned our list and asked why would he leave after developing those players?
    I reckon Rampe was playing pretty well even at the start of the year. Aliir too, though he had a couple of shaky games in amongst some commanding ones. Our defence was under siege for many of those games, so it indicates that they were playing reasonably OK as a team within the larger team as we only suffered one moderately heavy defeat (>40 points), against the Giants.

Parker was a little so-so at the start of the year. Papley was decent enough for what you'd expect from him, though he's definitely improved in the last month. Hewett is one I'd hoped would marginally improve this year and I was disappointed in for the first month and a bit. He came good in the Brisbane game and has kept getting better since.

Buddy's availability/fitness was a factor too. He probably wasn't quite fit at the start, then missed a month, and looked rusty for his first couple of weeks back. It's just been the last two weeks that he's moving like the Buddy of old, and has his kicking range back.

Would love to see Buddy taking one grab marks again, which he only does sometimes.
    Reid and Heeney both taking fab one grab marks .
    Heeney is so clever : as soon as he marks he snatches the ball downwards quickly so it can’t be knocked away.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718