Thread: The Slaughter

On the veteran's list

The Slaughter

Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    See Cazaly was in the Saints side.

Yes I read that article with interest. It was a very different era in so many ways. It seemed like the Saints gave up in the last quarter. It would be interesting to be able to transport oneself back in time to watch a game or two back then. Working men playing for a bit of money on the side on rough grounds with little tactics or strategy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Yes I read that article with interest. It was a very different era in so many ways. It seemed like the Saints gave up in the last quarter. It would be interesting to be able to transport oneself back in time to watch a game or two back then. Working men playing for a bit of money on the side on rough grounds with little tactics or strategy.
    Random footy. Much more 'mark it and bang it forward' to a contest and trust your team mates to get it and maintain possession. Far less 'keepings off/possession' footy, far more trust in your team mates.....not saying it was better but it was certainly more 'erratic', more 'one on one' and yes, far less structured and in some ways, much more of a 'contest'.