Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 14 v Hawthorn

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Jones in for McVeigh.

Kennedy in for Clarke.

Cunningham for Thurlow.

Menzel stays but will need a good game. Haywood to play reserves.
    Given our improved form and method, Clarke is a lock.

Senior Player
    I think:

Jones In for McVeigh.
    Kennedy In for thurlow.

Rose was good and deserves another game. MenZel was also good esp in the 2nd half and his skill and vision was important setting up goals.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Given our improved form and method, Clarke is a lock.
    Clarke has been very good the last month negating and in some cases completely shutting down the oppositions key mid, a vital role that makes him best 22 going forward. Do not underestimate the negating role in winning games, Cripps not shut down, Neale shut down, Blues shock win.

I'm available, but after last Sunday, I don't think I'm gunna get picked.
    Pity we have injured, I otherwise wouldn't make one change.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Clarke in lockdown form like on the weekend gives our playmakers so much more freedom

What did everyone think or rose on the weekend ?

He fairly composed and nicely predictable for his team mates

Thought Rose was OK. 15 touches no tackles. Kicked that great goal in the first quarter and seemed to play all over the ground. I suspect if we get all those cattle back after the bye, he'll end up back in the NEAFL.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Not that I’m disagreeing with you here, but it’s interesting to reflect the Swans, 14th on the ladder, omitting three players after 45 point win over the reining premier who are also 4th on the ladder.
    I agree with this....no need to make wholesale changes after a great win. Injuries may decide some changes for the MC but four in, four out is too many under the current circumstances.

I'm with Ralph Dawg on this one:

Ins: JPK, Cunningham (or Jones)
    Outs: McVeigh, Thurlow

Menzel and Rose to stay and Hayward back via NEAFL. Healthy competition for senior spots is a good thing.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Clarke in lockdown form like on the weekend gives our playmakers so much more freedom

What did everyone think or rose on the weekend ?

He fairly composed and nicely predictable for his team mates
    There's a great little segment - I think in Q2 - of Rose handing off to Heeney as he gallops past and making sure he puts it a good metre in front of him. You can't buy that kind of small but invaluable touch. It's one mark of a mature footballer.
    Last edited by dimelb; 11th June 2019 at 04:08 PM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    There's a great little segment - I think in Q4 - of Rose handing off to Heeney as he gallops past and making sure he puts it a good metre in front of him. You can't buy that kind of small but invaluable touch. It's one mark of a mature footballer.
    That handball from Rose was sublime....Heeney didn't have to break stride and he was moving! I was greatly impressed....

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    That handball from Rose was sublime....Heeney didn't have to break stride and he was moving! I was greatly impressed....
    Agreed re Rose. On another player, Clarke should take heed as he wants to handball as soon as he gets it and puts his team mates under immediate pressure. Notwithstanding this he is doing a great job as a lock down player.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Thought Rose was OK. 15 touches no tackles. Kicked that great goal in the first quarter and seemed to play all over the ground. I suspect if we get all those cattle back after the bye, he'll end up back in the NEAFL.
    I wonder if it might be a good idea to give Blakey a spell for three weeks or so. looks very sore and to be feeling the pinch. Think we did this with Heeney in his first year. Would enable Hayward to come back in if he's fit.

I thought Rose adapted reasonably well to a very challenging day for him

Run with roles on lots of amazing players from Shuey to Sheede etc

But he did make 3 very basic mistakes under no pressure

I think he can evolve from this but there could be other players we should persist with in this rebuild stage

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast