Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 14 v Hawthorn

Changes for round 14 v Hawthorn

There's some tough decisions to be made with so many players potentially available after the bye: Kennedy, Jones, Cunningham, Hayward and Fox. McVeigh out helps a little. I can see Menzel getting dropped again. I really can't see any of Clarke, Dawson, Florent etc making way.

I suspect that at least one of these players won't be ready.

IN: JPK, Jones, Cunningham, Hayward
    OUT: Rose, McVeigh, Menzel, Thurlow

You can almost put it down to paira of players fighting for same position.
    Hayward v menzel.
    McVeigh v Jones
    Cunningham v rose.
    Jpk comes in automatically, and probably thurlow or Clarke make way.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You can almost put it down to paira of players fighting for same position.
    Hayward v menzel.
    McVeigh v Jones
    Cunningham v rose.
    Jpk comes in automatically, and probably thurlow or Clarke make way.
    McVeigh will be out injured I reckon. Sadly, I think he should give it away. Too risky now to select him

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=barry;777046]You can almost put it down to paira of players fighting for same position.
    Hayward v menzel.
    McVeigh v Jones
    Cunningham v rose.
    Jpk comes in automatically, and probably thurlow or Clarke make way.[/QUOTE

Agree Thurlow goes and Oriordan stays. Jones in. Jpk in. Like to see Menzel stay. Clarke now important tagger. Hayward can have a run in the twos.before he gets back. Like to see Rose get another run. Useful, versatile game apart from one horrible changer.

Clarke's selection or otherwise is tricky. His disposal is just so poor, either missing the mark or putting a team mate under pressure. BUT he has a massive tank on him and is tagging really well. One area we really struggled was a good match up for Liam Ryan. Hawks have Puopulo and Wingard to contain so Cunningham is a must. I liked Menzel's game on the weekend and thought Rose was good enough to deserve another chance.
    Ins: JPK Cunningham
    Outs: McVeigh Thurlow

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Clarke's selection or otherwise is tricky. His disposal is just so poor, either missing the mark or putting a team mate under pressure. BUT he has a massive tank on him and is tagging really well. One area we really struggled was a good match up for Liam Ryan. Hawks have Puopulo and Wingard to contain so Cunningham is a must. I liked Menzel's game on the weekend and thought Rose was good enough to deserve another chance.
    Thought Clarke's disposal has improved significantly. His stats for the game say 95.5% disposal efficiency! Doesn't Wingard have a hamstring injury? One of the mercies of Macca being injured is he won't be (mis)matched up on Puopolo.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    You don't guard Puopolo, he's almost cooked and Wingard is out with a hammy.

No way Clarke is demoted now he's found his role as an effective tagger, his disposal seemed much better on Sunday, he stays in for sure. O'Riordan also stays in.

Thurlow and Menzel as last men in and neither reaching great heights Sunday are the ones under the pump. Doubt they'll bring back three from injury, JPK & Jones likely, Cunningham to come back via a run in the NEAFL, Macca unlikely to be available anyway.

Edit: Just read your post Markwebbos, we're on the same page :-)

I think a young team needs a tagger, so there is a strong reason to keep Clarke in.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There's some tough decisions to be made with so many players potentially available after the bye: Kennedy, Jones, Cunningham, Hayward and Fox. McVeigh out helps a little. I can see Menzel getting dropped again. I really can't see any of Clarke, Dawson, Florent etc making way.

I suspect that at least one of these players won't be ready.

IN: JPK, Jones, Cunningham, Hayward
    OUT: Rose, McVeigh, Menzel, Thurlow
    Not that I’m disagreeing with you here, but it’s interesting to reflect the Swans, 14th on the ladder, omitting three players after 45 point win over the reining premier who are also 4th on the ladder.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Not that I’m disagreeing with you here, but it’s interesting to reflect the Swans, 14th on the ladder, omitting three players after 45 point win over the reining premier who are also 4th on the ladder.
    Dropping players who only had modest input to the win and bringing in proven high production players strengthens the line up of course.

Still a couple of weeks away and maybe none of the injured are fit to be selected so then it's just finding a replacement for McVeigh.

Senior Player
    Clarke will almost certainly be tagging O'Meara or Henderson, he won't be playing NEAFL

Jones in for McVeigh.

Kennedy in for Clarke.

Cunningham for Thurlow.

Menzel stays but will need a good game. Haywood to play reserves.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast