Thread: Callum Sinclair

Senior Player

Callum Sinclair

Anyone mind me giving Sinclair his own thread?

He plays his hundredth game this week, according to Patrick Keane. Patrick Keane on Twitter: "Upcoming rd14 AFL milestones:

250 games - H Taylor.
    200 - J Redden.
    150 coached - K Hinkley.
    150 - E Wood, C Guthrie.
    150 (after bye this week) - J Caddy.
    100 - C Sinclair, S Rowe.
    100 (after bye this week) - A Young.
    50 club - M Hibberd, L Henderson."

Congrats to him. His endeavour is certainly impressive and he has done an important job, carrying the ruck duties himself this year and last. I think he'd go better as a relief ruck/forward, working with Naismith; hopefully we get to see that later this year or next.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Anyone mind me giving Sinclair his own thread?

He plays his hundredth game this week, according to Patrick Keane. Patrick Keane on Twitter: "Upcoming rd14 AFL milestones:

250 games - H Taylor.
    200 - J Redden.
    150 coached - K Hinkley.
    150 - E Wood, C Guthrie.
    150 (after bye this week) - J Caddy.
    100 - C Sinclair, S Rowe.
    100 (after bye this week) - A Young.
    50 club - M Hibberd, L Henderson."

Congrats to him. His endeavour is certainly impressive and he has done an important job, carrying the ruck duties himself this year and last. I think he'd go better as a relief ruck/forward, working with Naismith; hopefully we get to see that later this year or next.
    Mind? Not at all. One of my favourites. To use an old cliche; heart as big as Phar Lap.
    And during the win against the Eagles, even though Papley and Franklin had blinders, probably my favourite moment was when Sinclair strode out from the goal square and took a clutch mark, late in the third quarter. When he went back and slotted the goal, it was then that I fully relaxed, knowing that any possible comeback had been snuffed out.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Love Sinkers. Cliches are in: game as Ned Kelly.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

You couldn't ask too much more of him. He tries his guts out. It is a good achievement to notch up 100 games. Well done to him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    probably my favourite moment was when Sinclair strode out from the goal square and took a clutch mark, late in the third quarter
    That was a great contested mark and goal, really showcased his value as a forward ruck.

Gives his all every week, has the team-first never say die attitude that we value at the Swans.

Veterans List
    I loved seeing Dean Cox's reaction in the box when Sinclair kicked the goal after taking that mark. He looked very proud 😊.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I loved seeing Dean Cox's reaction in the box when Sinclair kicked the goal after taking that mark. He looked very proud 😊.
    Sinclair has done a great job holding the fort as the number one ruckman. Has played a critical role and is a more than useful player.

I had forgotten he came off the Rookie list (not our Rookie selection, of course)

Big Fan.Great team player , good mark , reasonably accurate kick and ATM plugging up our hole in the ruck.

Veterans List
    Has turned out to be a great recruit and pretty much a fair return for Jetta (as much as I'd still like to have his speed and kicking efficiency in our side). Cal's relentless efforts week in, week out are 'Bloods' worthy. Congrats on 100 games.

I agree with all of the above posts, but not to be disparaging be a party pooper or to denigrate Sinclair, he is best, as a forward relief ruckman. He gives his all every game and can't b faulted in this regard.

Sinkers is a VERY funny man.
    He's lucky he can still walk.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.