Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 14 Swans v Hawks Fri 21-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansHawks @sydneyswans

Senior Player
    Every time the commentators say the free wasn't there guess which team gets the free?

Sick of the bull@@@@ with this mob

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Clarke the silly one-two to COR....just balk and your on your own son. Bad decision making....
    Unless he is completely shutting out an opponent Clarke is a liability on the ground as his disposal is ordinary at best and his decision making is even worse! Always looks to get rid of the ball by hand and usually to the closest player whether they are under pressure or not!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by troyjones2525; 21st June 2019 at 10:16 PM.

Horrendous @@@@ing umpiring in that quarter...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Unless he is completely shutting out an opponent Clarke is a liability on the ground as he disposal is ordinary at best and his decision making is even worse! Always looks to get rid of the ball by hand and usually to the closest player whether they are under pressure or not!

Must agree with this - he isn't great with his decision making or his disposal. He has a role, but has to do that well or he is a bog average player for mine.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Funny how Jones and Kennedy come back into the side and our disposal by foot goes to pot. Both have been awful with their disposal. Blakey drops that mark and the momentum turns. We looked back to our ordinary best in that quarter. We have to really turn it around this quarter.

Hawthorn was much harder at the footy that quarter and closed it up in the midfield. So what do we do, kick it short from the backline right into their trap instead of kicking it long into the forward line. Where is Sam Reid this week?

Senior Player
    When Clarke and O'Riordan get the ball near each other I start to panic - no clue. O'Riordan is a bloody good kick he should not handball unless he HAS to.

Reid and Blakey need to have an impact on the game somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Unless he is completely shutting out an opponent Clarke is a liability on the ground as he disposal is ordinary at best and his decision making is even worse! Always looks to get rid of the ball by hand and usually to the closest player whether they are under pressure or not!

Ouch! That's an early call. The coaches kept him in the side prior to putting him in a tagging role. The coaches must think he offers something. You need to ask yourself, how is his opponent doing?

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    When Clarke and O'Riordan get the ball near each other I start to panic - no clue. O'Riordan is a bloody good kick he should not handball unless he HAS to.

Reid and Blakey need to have an impact on the game somehow.
    Fell back into their old habits of panicking and kicking wildly and handballs have been terrible, specially Clarke and COR. I hope for much better in the second half. Very disappointing quarter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Funny how Jones and Kennedy come back into the side and our disposal by foot goes to pot. Both have been awful with their disposal. Blakey drops that mark and the momentum turns. We looked back to our ordinary best in that quarter. We have to really turn it around this quarter.
    That Blakey drop was extremely costly - just should not happen at this level.

Veterans List
    This is turning out like every other game against them. Over the last few years whenever we get a lead they always seem to come back.

I thought we lost the plot that quarter and reverted back to our form earlier in the year. Sloppy skills, rushing and we weren't taking the right option.

How did Blakey drop that mark??

Hayward has no confidence in his goal kicking this year.

Having Buddy fit makes such a difference. He is incredible to watch.

Our energizer bunny Papley just makes me smile.

Looking forward to a big second half.

A bit too much handballing to players under pressure in that quarter. A few missed chances also cost us. Umpiring bloopers didn't go our way. Still getting plenty of drive from Parker, Heeney and Hewett. So, if we just play a bit more like the first quarter, our forwards should put the game away.

I wish the ground PA SYSTEM would just self destruct.
    How much does it spoil the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Ouch! That's an early call. The coaches kept him in the side prior to putting him in a tagging role. The coaches must think he offers something. You need to ask yourself, how is his opponent doing?
    He is the highest ranked Hawthorn player up to half time.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast