Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 14 Swans v Hawks Fri 21-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansHawks @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie View Post
    Great game by Blakey once Buddy went off. The young guys are developing nicely, always thought Dawson was a keeper and he is really proving his worth.
    Laserboot Dawson!

Cripps and a fit (rested) buddy and we will challenge for a flag in 2020.

Warming the Bench
    Devils advocate...I can't help but think Buddy's injury had 2 results. 2) It made the Hawks players a bit complacent; along the lines of "Phew, Buddy's off so we're going to win now" and 2) The Swans players "we need to play better than the 3rd quarter otherwise we'll be over-run in Q4".

I was a bit worried that we would be over-run in Q4. Time to step up Nick Blakey. Quite Buddy-esque in his ability to kick a few late goals and take the game. Great work for an 18 yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Devils advocate...I can't help but think Buddy's injury had 2 results. 2) It made the Hawks players a bit complacent; along the lines of "Phew, Buddy's off so we're going to win now" and 2) The Swans players "we need to play better than the 3rd quarter otherwise we'll be over-run in Q4".

I was a bit worried that we would be over-run in Q4. Time to step up Nick Blakey. Quite Buddy-esque in his ability to kick a few late goals and take the game. Great work for an 18 yo.
    3) Horse gave them a rev up at three quarter time too

Category: | Herald Sun

Nick Blakey answered the rallying call at three-quarter time from John Longmire against Hawthorn last Friday and the teenager will have to step up again for Sydney as the Swans prepare for a run of games without Lance Franklin... The Swans needed someone to step up in the final quarter against the Hawks after losing Franklin for the final term — Tom Papley revealing Longmire had issued a challenge to his side — and Blakey responded.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post

I think you're selling the team a bit short if you say the Hawks became complacent. I feel that we increased our pressure on them in particular the mids and HB's increased the pressure on them by not giving them easy kicks into the forward line and when they did our defenders were able to intercept and take the ball away.
    sprite

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    I think you're selling the team a bit short if you say the Hawks became complacent. I feel that we increased our pressure on them in particular the mids and HB's increased the pressure on them by not giving them easy kicks into the forward line and when they did our defenders were able to intercept and take the ball away.
    Definitely agree with this. There were a couple of goal saving tackles in that last quarter.

Veterans List
    On Footy Classified they said we were exploiting the no runner rule and they showed our doctor/physio going on to the ground in the last few minutes to give out messages.

Firstly, there was no evidence that this was occurring. They could have been checking if the players were ok considering we only had 2 on the bench.

Secondly, if were exploiting the rules then why didn't we do it to tell Menzel to get off the ground so we could get Buddy on???

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Flog is a stupid Melbourne word that was bandied around too much during the Adam Goodes saga. It has no place in Sydney.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Definitely agree with this. There were a couple of goal saving tackles in that last quarter.
    Jones, Rampe and Dawson! Three beautiful tackles in the 4th Q.

How good is Dawson. Absolutely love the bloke!

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    There have been SCG staff with "Customer Service" and "Crowd Safety" jackets walking around the Brewongle and Churchill stands for years. Maybe no one took any notice of them before.
    Patrolling staff and police presence, no different last week to any other week.
    Had a couple of interactions with the police myself ..... one to tuck in the clothing tags hanging out and the other to discuss the lack of rowdiness at the Sydney AFL games. His reply was, "yes its always boring at these games for us, nothing to do".
    Was he calling us boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Patrolling staff and police presence, no different last week to any other week.
    Had a couple of interactions with the police myself ..... one to tuck in the clothing tags hanging out and the other to discuss the lack of rowdiness at the Sydney AFL games. His reply was, "yes its always boring at these games for us, nothing to do".
    Was he calling us boring?
    We are. The reserved and placated manner of the SCG crowd has always driven me nuts. I wish our supporters would be more passionate and vocal at the game. I prefer watching most games at home or at the pub with a few friends for this reason