Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Membership

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Membership

Does anyone know our 2019 membership figures?

Had a quick look at the membership section of the club's website and it has our final numbers for last year but not this one.

Senior Player
    According to a table on BF, the Swans were at 60,394 at the start of the month. GWS said yesterday they were at 29,700.
    Not sure how many pets were included in both totals.....

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    According to a table on BF, the Swans were at 60,394 at the start of the month. GWS said yesterday they were at 29,700.
    Not sure how many pets were included in both totals.....
    Wow! I presumed that because this year's numbers weren't on the site, our membership was significantly down from last year. Happy with that figure if it's accurate.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Wow! I presumed that because this year's numbers weren't on the site, our membership was significantly down from last year. Happy with that figure if it's accurate.
    I would think both Sydney clubs would be pretty happy with their membership numbers. I think the Melbourne contingent helps our
    membership total a lot, likewise with Canberra & the Giants. I just want to see an all Sydney grand final one day soon. That we win.

Veterans List
    I'm sure the 60,000 number is from last year. The total will be lower this year considering our position on the ladder.

Senior Player
    According to a table on BF, the Swans were at 60,394 at the start of the month
    I'd be somewhat sceptical, just because last year's figure (according to Wikipedia) was 60 934, which seems very similar but for two numbers switched around

Think I read that final season audits are in May? So I assume there'll be official numbers soon enough.

Veterans List
    Watch the numbers drop off at Hawthorn. The budgies are getting pretty old now and they stay home when they are losing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Watch the numbers drop off at Hawthorn. The budgies are getting pretty old now and they stay home when they are losing.
    The minute they start to go bad, they will drop off. Were notorious for leaving early as well. This will start again. They're actually worse than Demon supporters in this regard.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    The minute they start to go bad, they will drop off. Were notorious for leaving early as well. This will start again. They're actually worse than Demon supporters in this regard.
    Plus all those memberships that were torn up during the week cos their players wore #37 on their warm up gear last night.

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=KTigers;778073]Plus all those memberships that were torn up during the week cos their players wore #37 on their warm up gear last night.[/QUOTE

Worst supporters in the comp by some margin

Plus all those memberships that were torn up during the week cos their players wore #37 on their warm up gear last night.
    It might be confirmation bias, but that ridiculous reaction from the more extreme element of their fan group says it all.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I see that GWS are crowing about getting to 30,000 members. How come they can only get around 10,000 to games. Looks like pets are not allowed into the ground.

Also how come the Swans still have last years numbers up. Are they too ashamed to show them, are they too complacent to put them up or just can't be bothered.

A bit of a worry ! Has management of the Swans slipped this year ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast