Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buddy Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    The fickle nature of the media's judgement with our recruitment of Buddy really grates me at times. Recently the general media consensus was his recruitment success shouldn't be judged solely on premierships. After suffering 2 hamstring injuries this year, I was hearing on radio yesterday (led by Mr Frawley) that Buddy is now unlikely to finish out the remaining 3 years of his contract, which they reckon 9 years was unrealistic to begin with & not delivered a premiership for which he was recruited for! FFS Buddy has kicked 9 goals in his last 6 quarters of footy & we (imo) wouldn't even have made the 2014 & 2016 GFs without him!
    I suppose the ultimate goal of every AFL club (or football clubs in general) is to win a premiership. Ergo, every player who is recruited is done so with the aim of winning a premiership. If failing to win a premiership is deemed a failure then there are an awful lot of failed footballers out there. Silly to measure success by premierships alone. Mr Spud 🥔 has neglected the aforementioned grand final appearances, membership increases, match day attendance impact, merchandise sales, finals appearances, all of which were strongly influenced by Buddy’s presence at the club

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I suppose the ultimate goal of every AFL club (or football clubs in general) is to win a premiership. Ergo, every player who is recruited is done so with the aim of winning a premiership. If failing to win a premiership is deemed a failure then there are an awful lot of failed footballers out there. Silly to measure success by premierships alone. Mr Spud 🥔 has neglected the aforementioned grand final appearances, membership increases, match day attendance impact, merchandise sales, finals appearances, all of which were strongly influenced by Buddy’s presence at the club
    Take s breath everybody- it's just Melbourne media crap for the nuffies

Poor Bud.
    I think keeping him on the sidelines for 10 minutes was a MASSIVE mistake. He was killing it out there.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing buddy being put on ice for a good part of the remainder of the season for two reasons:
    1) it will give the young swans more opportunities, especially in the forward line to develop.
    2) it will prolong buddy's career right through to the end of his contract.

This is a development year for us. Player management is key.
    I think they'll probably have to do that anyway, given the fragile nature of his hamstrings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12