Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 14 Weekly Discussion Thread

Veterans List

#AFL Round 14 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quarter time at Docklands with Hanners debuting for the Saints. Leading possession getters at quarter time for the Saints (and for the match)....Ross and Hannerbury 11 each. Nice start for Dan with 5 of those contested.

Dees beat Dockers earlier in a nothing match.....Hogan injures his foot again. I hope it doesn't mess with his head.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 22nd June 2019 at 06:18 PM.

I’m glad Hannebery is playing well. It’s actually nice seeing him run around without restriction and with greater penetration in his kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I’m glad Hannebery is playing well. It’s actually nice seeing him run around without restriction and with greater penetration in his kicks.
    Agree. I came to the pub specifically to watch with a saints supporting mate. I hope he gets back to somewhere near his best , swans champion and wish him well always .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port playing champagne footy, but hard as well.
    The crowd noise is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Port playing champagne footy, but hard as well.
    The crowd noise is massive.
    Deserve to be 3-4 goals up. They could still lose this.

Hanners 27 touches. No idea if any of them hit the target?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Hanners 27 touches. No idea if any of them hit the target?
    According to footywire:
    Disposals 27
    Effective disposals 18
    Disposal efficiency 66.7%
    Clangers 3
    Turnovers 3

Watching a few minutes here, a few minutes there, of the Pies / Bulldogs game. Can't really work out who I want to win. For our ladder position, it would be better if the Pies won. As they're too far in front of us, to realistically have a chance of catching them. And if the Dogs lose, they'll be the one team that we overtake this weekend. But on the other hand, it's very hard to wish good fortune on Collingwood.

According to the AFL report, ‘Magpies scrape past brave Dogs’ after winning by nine points. Later the win was described as ‘seeing off a gritty Western Bulldogs’.

When we lost to Collingwood by only seven points, the equivalent AFL report read ‘Pies down Swans in a thriller’ and further ‘COLLINGWOOD has once again stood up when it mattered ........ to defeat a dogged Sydney’.

So WB were ‘brave’ and ‘gritty’. We were just boringly ‘dogged’. H’mmm ....

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Watching a few minutes here, a few minutes there, of the Pies / Bulldogs game. Can't really work out who I want to win. For our ladder position, it would be better if the Pies won. As they're too far in front of us, to realistically have a chance of catching them. And if the Dogs lose, they'll be the one team that we overtake this weekend. But on the other hand, it's very hard to wish good fortune on Collingwood.
    Yes, it's difficult to barrack for the Pies but I wanted them to win today. Although the 8 is by no means finalised, the Bulldogs are heading for a third year in a row of not making finals. It just emphasizes how much of a gift to them 2016 was!

But we can do the same this year, come home like a steam train!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Yes, it's difficult to barrack for the Pies but I wanted them to win today. Although the 8 is by no means finalised, the Bulldogs are heading for a third year in a row of not making finals. It just emphasizes how much of a gift to them 2016 was!
    But you can see how their kind of manic football can overwhelm any team on a given day, especially if they kick through the big sticks more often.

They're a fun team to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast