Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Gold Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Have been a huge McVeigh fan but too risky now to play him in the ones.
    I sadly have to agree with this. How many champion footballers have been let down by their bodies?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I sadly have to agree with this. How many champion footballers have been let down by their bodies?
    Could become tricky.Strikes me as stubborn and may not know when to give it away.

Surely he plays 2-3 good games in the NEAFL first and then comes back into the team. That way everyone would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Surely he plays 2-3 good games in the NEAFL first and then comes back into the team. That way everyone would be happy.
    Except Macca

Anyone know if the swans are training today as I'm in Sydney and would love to watch the boys...

Quote Originally Posted by Cainit View Post
    Anyone know if the swans are training today as I'm in Sydney and would love to watch the boys...
    I think they usually train Monday and Wednesday before a Saturday match and Tuesday/Thursday before a Sunday match - but I wouldn't swear to it. Someone else might be able to confirm. But they'll be finishing up soon I reckon if they are on.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Usually 4 days and 2 days before match day.

This week they already trained Tuesday and looking at Twitter, it's either finishing up or just finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Except Macca
    Why?

Macca is the ultimate leader and would know better than anyone he has to get his body right first. No different to Kieran Jack at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Why?

Macca is the ultimate leader and would know better than anyone he has to get his body right first. No different to Kieran Jack at the moment.
    The evidence says otherwise. How many times has he chosen to “get his body right first” in the NEAFL?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The evidence says otherwise. How many times has he chosen to “get his body right first” in the NEAFL?
    It's never been an issue before where he has had back to back injuries at the age he is.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to take more than a few NEAFL games to get his body right. I feel physically he's living on the edge. I accept the risk of picking him is he falls over mid game and we are a person short. But, realistically we won't make the finals without taking risks and it's probably good for the young guys to learn from his experience.

I think Macca is in our best 22, but not by a big enough margin to warrant inclusion in the side at the expense of a developing player. For example, I would prefer to keep Rose in the side at the expense of Macca, even if Macca would probably make a bigger contribution. The margin is not that great. Macca is going to retire, while Rose is developing into a decent player and could be around for the next premiership run.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast