Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Gold Coast

Changes for round 15 v Gold Coast

Danger game this one, after last years disaster which has been described as the "biggest upset of the decade"
    Strangely I feel more confident in the post round 6 2019 version of the Swans than in the 2018 one. It feels like a big step forward has taken place.
    I'm expecting Horse to do what he said.

OUT: Buddy
    IN: McCartin

Wasn't this game last year Darcy Cameron's one and only AFL appearance? If Sinkers doesn't get up, what are his chances? Pretty low I reckon

If sinkers doesnt get up, and buddy out, then we must shoot from the grassy knoll.

Out: Sinkers, Buddy
    In: Knoll, McCartin.

although I think sinkers will be ok.

Yep McCartin for Buddy looks like the only change.

I really don't rate Clarke, yes he can tag but he absolutely butchers the ball every time he gets it.

Would much prefer a Rowbottom, Stoddart type come in and playing the tagging role while they develop their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

I really don't rate Clarke, yes he can tag but he absolutely butchers the ball every time he gets it.

Would much prefer a Rowbottom, Stoddart type come in and playing the tagging role while they develop their game.
    Clarke has the tank to run with the best outside mids, not sure the others do yet.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If sinkers doesnt get up, and buddy out, then we must shoot from the grassy knoll.

Out: Sinkers, Buddy
    In: Knoll, McCartin.

although I think sinkers will be ok.
    From the NEAFL streams I’ve been watching Knoll is nowhere near ready - either around the ground OR ruckwork You’d be setting him up for the rest of the seasons worth of ridicule on RWO. Simply NO

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    From the NEAFL streams I’ve been watching Knoll is nowhere near ready - either around the ground OR ruckwork You’d be setting him up for the rest of the seasons worth of ridicule on RWO. Simply NO
    Yep I'd agree with this, needs more time at NEAFL level

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Have to disagree, I watched him closely on replay and I don't reckon his disposal is any worse than a lot of our other players. He is often at the coalface where the heat and pressure is greatest so that limits exact disposal.

I think this has become an urban myth, we only see the disposals that he mucks up so it perpetuates he's a poor ball user. I haven't seen any stats (someone on here can quote them I'm sure), but I reckon his would look ok.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Have to disagree, I watched him closely on replay and I don't reckon his disposal is any worse than a lot of our other players. He is often at the coalface where the heat and pressure is greatest so that limits exact disposal.

I think this has become an urban myth, we only see the disposals that he mucks up so it perpetuates he's a poor ball user. I haven't seen any stats (someone on here can quote them I'm sure), but I reckon his would look ok.
    You may be right but he definitely has to improve his decision making in traffic (and he is in traffic a lot, due to his role atm), often treating the ball like a 'hot potato' and offloading to a team mate under more pressure than he....and also needs to continue do a lot of work on his delivery by hand and foot when he does have time to make a sensible decision. I am all for him retaining his spot atm though.....due to his effective tagging and his tank.

Which one is Clarke and which JPK?

20 disposals at 70% efficiency. 1 Clanger.
    19 disposals at 58%. 6 clangers.

Rowbottom in for Buddy. McCartin and Menzel can scissor, paper, rock for the final spot.

Warming the Bench
    Only Will Hayward had a lower DE% than JPK.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Which one is Clarke and which JPK?

20 disposals at 70% efficiency. 1 Clanger.
    19 disposals at 58%. 6 clangers.
    JPK is a bit rusty atm yes..... He will improve.​🙏

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast