Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Gold Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Which one is Clarke and which JPK?

20 disposals at 70% efficiency. 1 Clanger.
    19 disposals at 58%. 6 clangers.
    Handballing to someone putting them under extreme pressure is still counted as 'efficient' so totally useless to quote stats like these.

Clarke panics when he has the ball and dishes off quickly to the nearest person.

I would much rather him try and take the game on and back himself.

Warming the Bench
    I suspect it will be Buddy out and McCartin in.

Perhaps the MC should consider Buddy out and Cameron in.

If Sinkers doesn't come up it could be OUTS: Buddy and Sinkers INS: Cameron and McCartin

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Rowbottom in for Buddy. McCartin and Menzel can scissor, paper, rock for the final spot.
    I'm thinking only McCartin for Buddy. As good as Rowbottom has been in the two's, anyone else would be unlucky to be dropped just to fit him in. Competition for spots is a nice luxury.....for a change.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Handballing to someone putting them under extreme pressure is still counted as 'efficient' so totally useless to quote stats like these.

Clarke panics when he has the ball and dishes off quickly to the nearest person.

I would much rather him try and take the game on and back himself.
    Please watch a game replay, only a couple of those when he was under pressure to release, all players have those or they get done HTB.

Thanks for the DE stats

Veterans List
    Clarke's problem is that he has a really weird handballing technique. It's like he is throwing and handballing at the same time. It was pointed out by Healy in the preseason and now I can't stop seeing it!

By the way it is his 50th game this week (if he plays).

In soccer and afl u are taught from a very young age to look over you shoulder as you are moving towards a contest or a pass

The reason u do this is so you know what is behind you and you can make a great decision with the ball under pressure

Clarke never ever looks over his shoulder before the contest or receiving the ball

He is improving in his role most weeks but his see ball get ball still drives me nuts

But I do remember JPK being pretty ordinary in his games at the hawks prior to joining

We can afford to be patient this season I suppose

What on earth has happened to Will Haywards efficiency when kicking at goal?
    He's below 50% this year - not sure on his status but would have expected him to be in the low 60s previous years. Feels like he's the most unreliable kick in the forward line (at least when Ronke is out).

His 3 goal assists for the year are equally underwhelming.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    In soccer and afl u are taught from a very young age to look over you shoulder as you are moving towards a contest or a pass

The reason u do this is so you know what is behind you and you can make a great decision with the ball under pressure

Clarke never ever looks over his shoulder before the contest or receiving the ball

He is improving in his role most weeks but his see ball get ball still drives me nuts

But I do remember JPK being pretty ordinary in his games at the hawks prior to joining

Huh? That's a new one to me AG.

How do you look over your shoulder if you're sprinting forward?

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Huh? That's a new one to me AG.

How do you look over your shoulder if you're sprinting forward?
    I've never seen Nick Blakey looking over his shoulder.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    What on earth has happened to Will Haywards efficiency when kicking at goal?
    He's below 50% this year - not sure on his status but would have expected him to be in the low 60s previous years. Feels like he's the most unreliable kick in the forward line (at least when Ronke is out).

His 3 goal assists for the year are equally underwhelming.
    That may be true, but his forward pressure has been outstanding. He's still young, perhaps he's been told to concentrate on that part of his game. The rest will come back.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about physically looking over your shoulder, but you do get taught to have an awareness of what is around you. Clarke has astounding lack of it. He panics whenever he gets the ball. I wasn't the only one unimpressed with him at the game on the weekend - the guys in front of me AND behind me were quite vocal in their views as well.
    Life's not a spectator sport

I understand what happened. You just confused football with running from the cops. I found this to be a real problem, especially when the opposition team was decked out in blue.

The team is going so well at the moment that it would be crazy to tinker with a winning combination. As such, McCartain in for Buddy is the least disruptive forced change. I'd be shocked if Sinclair doesn't get up but if he's out, then Darcy gets a run. If he's out, then it gets tricky, especially given Witts is a pretty decent ruck. Do you alternate Aliir and Reid? If so, who comes in then (Rowbottom, Stoddart or Fox)? Or do you risk Knolls given that would disturbed our overall structure the least (but he might get completely towelled up by Witts)?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast