Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Adam Goodes - Swans Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Thanks Annie. Adam srill such a dignified guy after all the drama.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Great article.....good to see Adam so happy with his life at the moment......he so deserves it.

Samantha Lane interview with Adam Goodes. Adam has no aspirations to go back to the game in any way, shape or form, as he is now heavily involved in the business world and wants to be an entrepreneur to grow opportunities for Indigenous people in the business sector. He has knocked back AFL hopes to join their commission.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...16-p52hs0.html

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Samantha Lane interview with Adam Goodes. Adam has no aspirations to go back to the game in any way, shape or form, as he is now heavily involved in the business world and wants to be an entrepreneur to grow opportunities for Indigenous people in the business sector. He has knocked back AFL hopes to join their commission.

That article make angry, disappointed & tremendously sad all over again at the mistreatment & abuse of Adam, to cause him to turn his back on the game that he once loved.

He’s not the first player to lose their love for football, and each instance (for whatever reason) is tragic. But for me, Adam’s was so public, and the perpetrators so visible that it feels a little soul destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    That article make angry, disappointed & tremendously sad all over again at the mistreatment & abuse of Adam, to cause him to turn his back on the game that he once loved.

He’s not the first player to lose their love for football, and each instance (for whatever reason) is tragic. But for me, Adam’s was so public, and the perpetrators so visible that it feels a little soul destroying.
    +1. It's tragic, and unforgivable.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post

Man, that is a bleak article isn't it. It's of course completely understandable that he feels this way though. Very sad that a decent person
    who was trying to do decent things in such a public arena was so let down by some of his fellow Australians. The good thing is that he has
    moved on and is trying to assist indigenous people get into business. Because long-term success in business can be such a positive thing.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post

I can't wait to read the whole piece in Spectrum tomorrow but I think I'll need to gird my loins like I did for The Final Quarter. But it's good to see how consistent we Australians are now that Ben Simmons is the next sports start to stick his head above the racism parapet.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910