Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes - Swans Legend

Buddy has posted a lovely photo of him at dinner 'with the great man' (Buddy's words) on his Instagram account. Worth a look - both Buddy and Adam look very happy and relaxed. Buddy has his arm in a sling so I assume he has had the shoulder op that we were told about after the GF.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Buddy has posted a lovely photo of him at dinner 'with the great man' (Buddy's words) on his Instagram account. Worth a look - both Buddy and Adam look very happy and relaxed. Buddy has his arm in a sling so I assume he has had the shoulder op that we were told about after the GF.
    Just don't bother reading some of the comments.
    There are still some knobs around.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Just don't bother reading some of the comments.
    There are still some knobs around.
    Indeed, sadly.

Why is Adam Goodes' Australian of the Year plaque covered in perspex? - Curious Canberra - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Arsewipes.
    Put in a CCTV and see how often it gets destroyed.
    Little bastards.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

So if I have this right, someone put a cross on Goodseys image on one occasion so they put Perspex over it? If that's correct it is massive overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    So if I have this right, someone put a cross on Goodseys image on one occasion so they put Perspex over it? If that's correct it is massive overkill.
    I don't think this is overkill judging from all the comments about Adam that were/are floating around.

It had been vandalised multiple times.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Nah, overkill is 50 lashes, or jail for life for lese majeste, as per the King of Thailand. Perspex is cheaper and fairer, though I'm annoyed it is needed at all.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Goes up to 11
    Having recently heard Adam speak as a Director of Supply Nation, an initiative to help indigenous suppliers connect with Australian businesses, I wouldn't think Adam gives a flying you-know-what about the minority of pea-brained racists still spouting their rubbish. He's going great guns and forging a really meaningful career away from footy and doing some superb stuff. He's so far out of the league of the mouthy bogans it isn't funny.
    More power to him.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Having recently heard Adam speak as a Director of Supply Nation, an initiative to help indigenous suppliers connect with Australian businesses, I wouldn't think Adam gives a flying you-know-what about the minority of pea-brained racists still spouting their rubbish. He's going great guns and forging a really meaningful career away from footy and doing some superb stuff. He's so far out of the league of the mouthy bogans it isn't funny.
    More power to him.
    Amen.

Senior Player
    Thought it was worth bumping the Goodesy thread with more of his great work post-footy:

Adam Goodes kicks goals for Indigenous literacy: 'This is a basic human right' | Sport | The Guardian

Veteran Site Admin
    There was also a piece in one of today's newspapers about another portrait of him - an entrant into this year's Archibald competition.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast