Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: #AFL Round 15 Weekly Discussion Thread

Same applies to the law. You get much less for driving drunk if you don’t kill anyone than if you do

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Beating Essendon is imperative but not enough. Our matches against Essendon, Freo (unless they go into a death spiral) and Port are all critical. Of the opponents we have left they are the ones who we are most directly competing with for a spot in the 8.

Great post by Beerman. And always enjoying your posts, deja and Markwebbos.

Thanks. Sadly, this round (round 15) was not a great one for the Swans, despite our convincing victory. We were expected to beat the Suns, and North, Bulldogs and Bombers who we are competing against all had upset wins.

It does help that Port, Freo, Saints and Hawks all had losses but I don't see us competing as much against them as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Thanks. Sadly, this round (round 15) was not a great one for the Swans, despite our convincing victory. We were expected to beat the Suns, and North, Bulldogs and Bombers who we are competing against all had upset wins.

It does help that Port, Freo, Saints and Hawks all had losses but I don't see us competing as much against them as the others.
    Actually, it was a great round for us. We need to dislodge a team out of the 8 to get in there. So Port and Freo losing opens up a spot. Sure, we have a few more competitors for that spot now, but at least there is a door opening.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Actually, it was a great round for us. We need to dislodge a team out of the 8 to get in there. So Port and Freo losing opens up a spot. Sure, we have a few more competitors for that spot now, but at least there is a door opening.
    Looking at it again, I think it's mixed. It's opened up a wider range of finishing positions - both high and low.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345