Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 16 v Essendon

Only one player in the selected 22 is a trade from another club—Josh Kennedy. The rest all draftees or drafted rookies or internationals (COR). I think that's remarkable.

I thought they were picking me for the ruck!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I thought they were picking me for the ruck!!!
    Hang in there. You're definitely ahead of Michael Knoll.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Last time we were also without Buddy but not Sinkers of course. The side included Fox, Kizza and Thurlow (but not Clarke which surprises me) who've been replaced by Cunningham, Ronke, Rowbottom and Rose. I those change outside of the ruck, are improvements (and some would argue Aliir is a better ruck option than Sinclair).

Essendon have also lost their ruckman and Devon Smith from last time.

I reckon Sam Reid will play up forward predominantly and Aliir will do most of the ruck work (although I don't know whether his tank is up to a full game in that role). I wonder if they'll try and give Aliir's role to Dawson rather than McCartin, so Tom can play on Hurley...

Last time they never got their running game going, admittedly on the smaller SCG, this side should be as quick as the last one. I'm quietly optimistic.
    Not having a ruckman definitely hurts the Bombers more than us. Bellchambers was good at tapping the ball to the outside which lets Shiel, Merrett, Heppell etc. run onto it where they have an advantage. If we can make sure the hitouts are to contests our bigger midfielders should be favoured.

Zac Clarke is going to have a field day.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Zac Clarke is going to have a field day.
    I reckon the more often Zac Clarke gets his hands on the ball, the better it will be for us.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I reckon the more often Zac Clarke gets his hands on the ball, the better it will be for us.
    In some respects, this game is a test of the value of a mid-to-low range ruckman versus a pinch-hitting utility. We haven’t had one of these in a while (over the course of a game). It will be interesting to see.

I hope Grant Thomas’s reference to crabs plays out.

I'm not worried about the ruck contest. I think whoever gets the tap is over rated. What concerns me is weakening either our defence or attack to cover the ruck, which is why I think either Knolls or Amartey should've come in. Bugger the fact that they're not AFL ready. I suspect Clarke never has been and never will be truly AFL ready and was delisted by Freo!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Yes.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Heppell's out. Should help us over our losses to some extent.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I’m sorry to just pick on this one comment because there have been a few but I find these types comments quite disrespectful to the medical staff. It is impossible for us as supporters to have the intel. Forget the years of training, education, and experience but consider the amount of gps, strength testing, agility testing, player feedback data that they would have. We have none of that yet are willing to suggest that they are being negligent. The Swans are a process-driven team and I don’t see it any differently with this injury management.
    Cunningham back out again this week AB with a recurrence of the groin injury, seems all of that experience, data and testing is no match for common sense

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Cunningham back out again this week AB with a recurrence of the groin injury, seems all of that experience, data and testing is no match for common sense
    Our medical staff are putting in a few howlers lately.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast