Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 229

Thread: #AFL Round 16 Bombers v Swans Sat 6-Jul at MCG #AFLDonsSwans @sydneyswans

  1. #1
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    15,218

    #AFL Round 16 Bombers v Swans Sat 6-Jul at MCG #AFLDonsSwans @sydneyswans

    On the road again...

    Essendon Bombers (7W7L 10th)
    v Sydney Swans (6W8L 12th)
    Saturday 6th July 1:45pm
    MCG

    Essendon
        
    B:8. Martin Gleeson26. Cale Hooker11. David Zaharakis
    HB:45. Conor McKenna18. Michael Hurley42. Adam Saad
    C:27. Mason Redman7. Zach Merrett3. Darcy Parish
    HF:15. Jayden Laverde28. Mitch Brown10. Aaron Francis
    F:13. Orazio Fantasia44. Shaun McKernan43. Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
    Foll:20. Zac Clarke9. Dylan Shiel1. Andrew McGrath
    Int:37. Dylan Clarke25. Jake Stringer21. Dyson Heppell
     35. Matt Guelfi  
    Emg:4. Kyle Langford30. Brandon Zerk-Thatcher41. Ben McNiece
     40. Will Snelling  

    In: Z.Clarke, Guelfi, Stringer
    Out: Tom Bellchambers (injured), Josh Begley (omitted), Kyle Langford (omitted)

    Sydney
        
    B:14. Callum Mills24. Dane Rampe43. Lewis Melican
    HB:44. Jake Lloyd36. Aliir Aliir10. Zak Jones
    C:1. James Rose29. George Hewett34. Jordan Dawson
    HF:9. Will Hayward22. Nick Blakey25. Ben Ronke
    F:26. Luke Parker30. Tom McCartin11. Tom Papley
    Foll:20. Sam Reid12. Josh P. Kennedy5. Isaac Heeney
    Int:13. Oliver Florent7. Harry Cunningham38. Colin O'Riordan
     8. James Rowbottom  
    Emg:42. Robbie Fox15. Kieren Jack27. Justin McInerney
     33. Ryley Stoddart  

    In: Cunningham
    Out: Callum Sinclair (injured)

    Umpires: Jeff Dalgleish (7), Robert O'Gorman (10), Andrew Mitchell (31) Emg: Nathan Toner (38)


    Selected stats from the Footy Live app:

    • The Bombers' opposition has recorded a shot at goal accuracy of 40% this season - the lowest percentage conceded by any side.
    • Essendon has lost possession from 45% of its kicks inside 50 this season - ranked equal-18th
    • Since Round 12, The Bombers have lots the uncontested possession count by 29 per game - ranked 16th
    • Essendon has lots 34% of its offensive one-on-one contests this season - the third-worst percentage of any side.
    • Since Round 12, the Bombers have scored a goal from 25% of their inside 50 entries - ranked third.
    • Since Round 12, Jayden Laverde has recorded a total of 53 scoreboard impact points - ranked No. 1 at the club.
    • Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti has a goal accuracy of 80% (20 goals 4 behinds 1 miss) - ranked No. 1 in the league for players who have had at least 10 shots at goal.


    • The Swans have averaged 36 points from their chains starting in the defensive half this season - ranked No. 1
    • Sydney has conceded 30 goals from free kicks this season - the most of any side.
    • The Swans have allowed their opposition to take a mark from 15% of their kicks inside 50 this season - ranked No. 1 defensively.
    • The Swans have recorded a shot at goal accuracy of 60% from a set shot this season - ranked No. 1
    • Since Round 12, the Swans have scored a goal from 29% of their inside 50 entries - ranked No. 1
    • Sam Reid has won 43% of his offensive one-on-one contests this season - ranked fourth of the top-50 players to be targeted in a contest.
    • Jake Lloyd has averaged 525 metres gained this season - ranked third in the competition.



    Head-to-head
    J.​Longmire 6 J.Worsfold 1 (3-0 v WCE, 3-1 v ESS) (haven't met at the MCG)

  2. #2
    Senior Player dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,054
    Without Franklin and Sinclair, I wouldn't say that I'm hugely confident about this one: but I can definitely see us winning, if a few things happen. I think the Aliir/Clarke ruck battle can work in our favour. If Aliir can run off Clarke, we may essentially have an extra midfielder for periods of the game. And since Aliir can use the ball well, this could result in numerous scoring opportunities. After last week's brilliant option taking and target hitting, it would also be good if we could ensure that Dawson has the ball in his hands as much as possible. It would also be handy if other excellent ball users, like Florent and Blakey, also got plenty of it. In tight, we may need to nullify any hit out advantage from Clarke, but with the hot form of Parker and Hewett, and Kennedy looking more like the Kennedy of old, I feel that we can do that. While our forwards will need to limit the rebounding effectiveness of Saad and McKenna. And hopefully, the umpires will give us a better go, than what they gave the Giants, last week.
    Actually, after writing that, I'm starting to feel a bit more confident.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Without Franklin and Sinclair, I wouldn't say that I'm hugely confident about this one: but I can definitely see us winning, if a few things happen. I think the Aliir/Clarke ruck battle can work in our favour. If Aliir can run off Clarke, we may essentially have an extra midfielder for periods of the game. And since Aliir can use the ball well, this could result in numerous scoring opportunities. After last week's brilliant option taking and target hitting, it would also be good if we could ensure that Dawson has the ball in his hands as much as possible. It would also be handy if other excellent ball users, like Florent and Blakey, also got plenty of it. In tight, we may need to nullify any hit out advantage from Clarke, but with the hot form of Parker and Hewett, and Kennedy looking more like the Kennedy of old, I feel that we can do that. While our forwards will need to limit the rebounding effectiveness of Saad and McKenna. And hopefully, the umpires will give us a better go, than what they gave the Giants, last week.
    Actually, after writing that, I'm starting to feel a bit more confident.
    I'm going along and looking forward to an entertaining game.

  4. #4
    Senior Player dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    I'm going along and looking forward to an entertaining game.
    According to an article on the AFL site, we haven't beaten Essendon at the MCG, since 1923: so enjoy being part of history.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    According to an article on the AFL site, we haven't beaten Essendon at the MCG, since 1923: so enjoy being part of history.
    Sobering stat!

  6. #6
    Aliir’s tap ruck work has excellent timing and just that extra bit of reach .

  7. #7
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    15,218
    Langford late in for Heppell
    Swans unchanged

    Same starting bench as last week - Rose Rowbottom Ronke O'Riordan which means Cunningham is starting on ground.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Langford late in for Heppell
    Swans unchanged

    Same starting bench as last week - Rose Rowbottom Ronke O'Riordan which means Cunningham is starting on ground.
    Big out for Bombers

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    According to an article on the AFL site, we haven't beaten Essendon at the MCG, since 1923: so enjoy being part of history.
    What the article fails to point out is that since 1897 we have only played Essendon at the MCG 11 times ie 2004, twice in 1999, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1993, 1993, 1992, 1924 and 1923 so not as bad as it sounds.

  10. #10
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Lake
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Langford late in for Heppell
    Swans unchanged

    Same starting bench as last week - Rose Rowbottom Ronke O'Riordan which means Cunningham is starting on ground.
    That is a fair bit of (R)un on the bench. Hopefully we use it against them. Be great to get through a game with no one injured early.

  11. #11
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    15,218
    Cunningham defensive forward on Saad I think.

  12. #12
    Tough game to win, but a great experience for our players. Hoping to be competitive.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO