Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 16 Bombers v Swans Sat 6-Jul at MCG #AFLDonsSwans @sydneyswans

Horse really needs to make a comment in his press interview about the very poor standard of umpiring. So many frees to us were let go, but if there was a sniff of one to the little bombers, then it was blow the whistle - free kick bombers.

Lloyd is have a shocking couple of games. Always stops and kicks short - usually to the opposition. Ronke gave nothing to the side and along with Haywood should go back to the NEAFL to learn how to kick again. We butchered so many attempts at goal and passing to non existent players in our forward line - we should have won easily.

Very very frustrating game to watch. Out tactics in the first half of having no accountable forwards was terrible - we bombed the ball forward and it came straight back because we had no one to contest. I really don't understand what our coaching staff was trying to do.. When we changed in the 3rd quarter we looked great, but then the &^%^%#$@* umpires stepped in and they got a couple of cheap goals from free kicks.

Be interesting to see what Horse has to say about that effort.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    1) It was there. Picky but valid.
    2) Wicked decision.
    3) Aliir got pinged several times for holding, but both were doing it!
    4) Disgraceful; hard not to see it as bias.
    5) The single most outrageous action in the entire game.
    6) Again, it was there. The real rub is why weren't Essendon pinged for exactly the same action?

The main reason for the loss was inaccuracy at goal. Even known excellent kicks fluffed chances. I hope they can put it down to experience and practise to kick more accurately.
    Florent hardly touched MTW and it was in the side. At the game- happened right in front of me. Essendon fans were laughing. Absolute shocker ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    It's been such a long time since I've been this mad at the umpiring.

Anyway, we weren't at our best. Things that will help me forget about the awful umpiring and calm me down enough to stop the vein threatening to pop in my neck:
    Good experience for our kids playing at the MCG.
    Allir was great in the ruck, I'm loving his strategy as playing mostly as a rover rather than a ruck.
    Joey looked like he is playing back into form and Heeney had a better game.
    Mills and Papley had pretty ordinary first half but did better in the second.
    Blakey does some amazing things for a kid and I very much look forward to watching him becoming a superstar, much like I enjoyed watching Goodes over his career.
    Rampe is a freak. Damn that guy can do it all.
    What's with Lloyd? He's been ordinary for a few weeks, but today was probably his worst.
    Rowbottom did some great things in close, I think he's improving week to week.
    Good assessment. I've also been loving Rampe's work lately. Definitely think that he should be an All-Australian selection.

What a travesty the green maggots had to get involved in the 4th and ruin what was a sloppy but enjoyable contest. That 10 minute period after our early goal really took the wind out of our sails.

If it was the other way round with the fk count, there would be calls for a royal commission. But like the 2016 grand final, not a peep will be said.

The bombers fans around us knew they were on a good thing.... hardly a barb coming out of their mouths as they got ridden home....

Shame that despite all that we had our chances late to snatch it. Just a little composure several times hurt us badly.

Really gutted with the result, and finding about the maggots, but one thing is for sure - there is a very, very fine swans team starting to develop in there. It was sloppy and messy today at times, but there is some real class in some of our younger guys. We wont be out of finals for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    A game like this is why I don't care about the result of games anymore. Probably the umpiring was enough to give us the loss, but we screwed ourselves enough to do it without the umpiring. Although Hayward's work around the ground has improved, his forward work has been really poor, especially his goal kicking. I would definitely drop him before dropping someone like Rose. Florent has fallen away in recent weeks as well, which has also been disappointing.

I just want to see improvement this year, but this game wasn't it. We looked like a very poorly oiled machine.

There were some good performances today. Aliir was fantastic. He's a very clever player, and it seems we can play him anywhere. Of the young brigade, Rowbottom continues his good form and Tom McCartin was also quite good.
    Yes, if Menzel kicks a bag in the NEAFL tonight, then I'm sure that Hayward will be very nervous. Though you're right, his work leading up the wing was good. But alas, what we really need forwards to do, is to kick goals under pressure. Also agree in regards to Rowbottom and McCartin. Rowbottom certainly did enough to hold his place and McCartin further enhanced his swingman credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, if Menzel kicks a bag in the NEAFL tonight, then I'm sure that Hayward will be very nervous. Though you're right, his work leading up the wing was good. But alas, what we really need forwards to do, is to kick goals under pressure. Also agree in regards to Rowbottom and McCartin. Rowbottom certainly did enough to hold his place and McCartin further enhanced his swingman credentials.
    I thought Rowbottom was excellent today - best game for us in his short career. There is a lot to like about him - plenty of signs to suggest he will be a very fine midfielder in time. Really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Bombers were much better in the air ....
    They looked the better team today .
    Stats say otherwise. We won contested marks, marks inside 50 and overall marks. Though if you included free kicks from marking contests; then that might even things up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    And one of the idiot bomber fan boy commentators initially saying he had no problem with it?
    Though he may have retracted, on seeing the replay?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    And one of the idiot bomber fan boy commentators initially saying he had no problem with it?
    Hmmm, funny thing about Point of View. Bomber fans are complaining about Roosy being biased and saying we deserved the free kick reaming because of the Rampe incident last time.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

#AFL Round 16 Bombers v Swans Sat 6-Jul at MCG #AFLDonsSwans @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Hmmm, funny thing about Point of View. Bomber fans are complaining about Roosy being biased and saying we deserved the free kick reaming because of the Rampe incident last time.
    Talking about umpiring, ... They grab Aliir Aliir and nothing happens, he tries to push back and it's a Essendon free kick. Bad bounce in the centre favours Essendon and then play on. Bad bounce favours Aliir Aliir then he recalls the ball. ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, just accentuates what I was saying before, about the silliness of the various interpretations of fifty metre penalties. A late elbow to the head, where the struck player spends thirty seconds recovering: no fifty. An innocuous encroachment in the protected area, that doesn't slow the play at all: fifty metres.
    Our game and it's 'rules' are unfortunately so corruptible.....and it is used to advantage by certain powers that be to placate their Victorian fan base.

This is how 'expectant of Victorian advantage' some Vic supporters are....I read a short letter in the Hun last week where a fan pointed out that all but 2 teams in the eight were non Victorian and finished his whinge with the words "Go figure!". WTF? Go figure what mate? It's as if he expects the AFL to 'do something about it'. Complete 'entitled' delusion....

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I thought Rowbottom was excellent today - best game for us in his short career. There is a lot to like about him - plenty of signs to suggest he will be a very fine midfielder in time. Really impressed.
    Yes, last year's draft is shaping as a very good one for us. I'm starting to think that Rowbottom will develop into the next Luke Parker. As Blakey matures, he's obviously going to have more and more games, where he wreaks havoc on the opposition. McInerney in the NEAFL, is showing that he's a classy ball user and that he should be a regular in the senior side, once he adds a bit more muscle. And Zac Foot has had plenty of moments, even though he was one of the youngest in the draft.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Talking about umpiring, ... They grab Aliir Aliir and nothing happens, he tries to push back and it's a Essendon free kick. Bad bounce in the centre favours Essendon and then play on. Bad bounce favours Aliir Aliir then he recalls the ball. ......
    Silly call....I think it definitely has more to do with the colour of his jumper.

Oh, I see you've sensibly edited your post.....wise move.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast