Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 16 Bombers v Swans Sat 6-Jul at MCG #AFLDonsSwans @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Stupidest rule in the book. At least it's gone both ways.
    Yep was glad there was one each, even if we wasted ours. I know many of us (Me included) don't think the game needs more interpretation based rules, but it's a ridiculous over the top penalty when there is no actual impact on the game in 95% of cases.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    The problem is - if it's this close near full time - people who are not wearing red/white or black/red tops might determine the outcome of the game.
    The umps got Essendon over the line last week and I fear it will happen again.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I forgot that we're playing a Victorian team in Melbourne....That means the opposition has some extra players in green
    Yep, the umpires are making us hand ball to someone under pressure, miss easy kicks at goal, drop marks, miss easy passes.. yep bloody umpires really drag our skill levels down. It's always someone else's fault...
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Amazing we are only a kick down. Lots of skill errors, bad misses (Hayward!!!) And moments of almost brilliance.

We can win this if we can get it to click for a quarter - the injectors look dangerous on the break but we havent let them have too many opportunities.

Aliir doing a decent job in the ruck and could be dangerous late against their lumbering dinosaur.

Oh and the protected space around the mark interpretation is just awful.
    Yes, I actually thought that we were the marginally better team that quarter, but our forwards just didn't capitalise. Rampe was excellent down back and I suspect that he's probably enjoying being the pantomime villain. Mills and Melican are also looking pretty secure down there, while Lloyd is getting plenty of ball, but isn't really using it well. Heeney getting plenty of it and using it well and I've been enjoying Jones more this week. His goal was certainly the highlight of the game.

Let's just hope that our forwards hit the groove and we kick away in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    What a horrible half of footy by both sides.
    I agree.

The style of football that so many teams are playing this year is really boring. The Bulldogs may not be the best side going around, but at least they provide some good entertainment. When we turn over the ball so much, winning doesn't seem that important. It makes me think more about draft picks than premierships. I hope it's just lack of experience and we play a more effective style of football in due course.

Heeney and Rampe keeping us in the game.

We should play Parker forward to break the tag on him.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Stupidest rule in the book. At least it's gone both ways.
    It's in the book and has been for a while now, so you just have to be aware of it.
    sprite

The cheer squad is doing really well......Sydney chant is loud and clear on TV

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Yep was glad there was one each, even if we wasted ours. I know many of us (Me included) don't think the game needs more interpretation based rules, but it's a ridiculous over the top penalty when there is no actual impact on the game in 95% of cases.
    And what makes the rule sillier, is that in most games, you'll see a few examples of someone giving away a free and then spending the next ten or fifteen seconds wrestling with, or lying over the top of, the player that has received the free. Actually interfering with the game, instead someone harmlessly encroaching in the protected zone. They also rarely seem to pay fifties as well these days, for players kicking the ball away or knocking it out of hands.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Yep, the umpires are making us hand ball to someone under pressure, miss easy kicks at goal, drop marks, miss easy passes.. yep bloody umpires really drag our skill levels down. It's always someone else's fault...
    Actually, I always think there is a bias against us when playing a Victorian team in Melbourne. Umpires are people too, and they are subject to the home crowd pressure and the expectations of the media, AFL industry etc. And of course many umpires are fans with their own expectations.

So I think it would be very difficult not to be a little subconsciously biased in that situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Actually, I always think there is a bias against us when playing a Victorian team in Melbourne. Umpires are people too, and they are subject to the home crowd pressure and the expectations of the media, AFL industry etc. And of course many umpires are fans with their own expectations.

So I think it would be very difficult not to be a little subconsciously biased in that situation...
    Yes, a few goal assists in that goal.

Regular in the Side
    What is the matter with kicking it. Totally dumb..
    sprite

Delist Rose, waste of space
    Menzel ahead of Ronke

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast