Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 17 - Carlton

Veterans List
    Fox is depth only, worth keeping a handful of these players in case of crisis, if they want to stay

Veterans List
    Fox is the new Towers but sadly, I don't think he'll last as long. Pity, because I thought he had potential to improve into a solid contributor but it appears not.

Look, I'd like to be called up to play this week, but I'd like to have a Saturday arvo drink even more!!

There's an after-match function this week if youse missed the email.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Fox is the new Towers but sadly, I don't think he'll last as long. Pity, because I thought he had potential to improve into a solid contributor but it appears not.
    Fox is better than Towers. He has a solid all around game, is a good mark and very accurate kick, especially for goal. His versatility is a bonus. I haven't paid enough attention, but I think he's had mostly tagging roles in his senior appearances this year. He gives more than both Rose and Ronke at present, but given his age, probably has less development left. I wouldn't rule him out for more appearances this year. He was the travelling emergency last week, which was based on his team best performances in the NEAFL.

Fox needs to play the rest of the year and get some confidence. If he plays all remaining games, everyone - us, the club and him will know where he stands and if he will make it.

Only reason not to do this if they have already decided to delist him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Fox needs to play the rest of the year and get some confidence. If he plays all remaining games, everyone - us, the club and him will know where he stands and if he will make it.

Only reason not to do this if they have already decided to delist him.
    Normally I agree with giving young/new players a block of games.

But Fox has already played about 20 games in the seniors and I think we already know what he brings to the table....Occasional flashes, but generally low impact.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Normally I agree with giving young/new players a block of games.

But Fox has already played about 20 games in the seniors and I think we already know what he brings to the table....Occasional flashes, but generally low impact.
    Yes, agree hope is fading with Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yes, agree hope is fading with Fox.
    I only get to watch the reserves on the NEAFL video, and from that perspective Fox is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of being ready for senior AFL. McInerney, Foot and Rayner are outstanding, but they are just kids. If the match committee really want to roll the dice to replace Rose and Ronke, I'd love to see Amartey given a go. His size and athleticism suggest he could be a real talent if he can just find the right niche. Might be time to go for sink-or-swim with him.

Veterans List
    Carlton at the SCG is a good game to roll the dice.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by chammond View Post
    I only get to watch the reserves on the NEAFL video, and from that perspective Fox is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of being ready for senior AFL. McInerney, Foot and Rayner are outstanding, but they are just kids. If the match committee really want to roll the dice to replace Rose and Ronke, I'd love to see Amartey given a go. His size and athleticism suggest he could be a real talent if he can just find the right niche. Might be time to go for sink-or-swim with him.
    Rayner?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Rayner?
    Maybe I've got the wrong bloke.

No. 59? Some kind of top up player? He takes a strong contested mark and gets to a lot of contests. I know this is the wrong thread, because he can't possibly play against Carlton, but he looks a likely type for AFL.

Mind you, McLean can take a strong mark, and we certainly could do with another strong forward option. I still don't see how we can kick a winning score with the current forward setup, even against Carlton.

Jack replaces Rose

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast