Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 17 - Carlton

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You have to wonder if that's it for Rose. He had an opportunity to show he could deliver at senior level but blew it last week. It was nothing to do with his skill with the ball, but rather a lack of want to provide any kind of chase as the ball moved out of our forward line.
    Saw him live last week. Contested footy ordinary as well as lack of desperation. Pity as his skills are excellent. Not surprised he's been dropped.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    No. Is it a reward for good performances or is he going to be a sneaky late in?
    Reckon the former; we haven't really done sneaky late ins lately. Plus, I thought John flagged going with Aliir again.

Veterans List
    Carlton dropped star recruit McGovern? If he's not injured, that's a big statement by the Blues that they are now getting serious.

KJ for Rose, that would have been big odds with the RWO selection committee.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Carlton dropped star recruit McGovern? If he's not injured, that's a big statement by the Blues that they are now getting serious.

KJ for Rose, that would have been big odds with the RWO selection committee.
    The RWO selectors are pretty unimpressed with the match committee this week

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Yeah not sure what is to be gained by bringing jack back in at this point. Finals are out of the question and I doubt he’ll be around next year . Farewell match ?
    My thoughts exactly - not sure why else K Jack is the only in otherwise.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Ronke is so lucky. Very underwhelming last week. His body language said it all. How many times must Stoddart star in the 2's to get a gig. Same size as Ronke, better skills and way quicker.

Rose wasn't our worst last week and is stiff to lose his spot. Clearly Hayward and Florent are playing on browny points and love child status.
    Stoddart isn't a small forward. I think they're keen to play him in the seniors in the role he's been playing for the reserves.

Crap change.

If it was Ronke for Jack that'd be fine. Ronke's year has been appalling and Jack offers more. Poor Rose, played well in the midfield then forced to play out of position and dropped. Papers probably stamped.

I'm baffled by this week's selections.
    1) Kreuzer is a much better ruck than Clarke. At very least Aliir needs support, and the only realistic option is Amartey, who has also played in defence and attack this year. Having an extra tall, gives the team more flexibility.
    2) KJ - wasn't exactly brilliant against a bunch of plodders from the NT last week. Really don't see any logic in his selection given our ladder position and the likelihood of him being on our roster next year. Is this a sign that he might be backing up again for 2020?
    3) Rose's omission is pretty harsh. Up until last week, he's been pretty good. He has one bad game and is gone. Ronke has played poorly all year, both in seniors and AFL yet keeps his spot?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I'm baffled by this week's selections.
    1) Kreuzer is a much better ruck than Clarke. At very least Aliir needs support, and the only realistic option is Amartey, who has also played in defence and attack this year. Having an extra tall, gives the team more flexibility.
    2) KJ - wasn't exactly brilliant against a bunch of plodders from the NT last week. Really don't see any logic in his selection given our ladder position and the likelihood of him being on our roster next year. Is this a sign that he might be backing up again for 2020?
    3) Rose's omission is pretty harsh. Up until last week, he's been pretty good. He has one bad game and is gone. Ronke has played poorly all year, both in seniors and AFL yet keeps his spot?
    Yes, but Ronke will be here next year, Rose won't.

Veteran Site Admin
    I disagree with those who say Rose wasn't our worst last week. I thought he was awful. The number of times he stood and watched, flat footed, while an Essendon player waltzed by him, was unforgivable for a player in his 5th year who must have been told over and over again that it's the aspect of his game he most needs to fix. Far more unforgivable, in my book, than hitting the post from 20m out.

Maybe Ronke is lucky but I don't think there's anyone else clearly better to play the role he has, and he has time on his side. I believe there's still a pretty good senior level player lurking inside him that will emerge in the not too distant future. It's just obscured at the moment by a lack of confidence.

Hayward must also be counting his lucky stars- I thought he was our by a mile

It's sad about Rose, because I really hoped he would succeed. I hate to lose someone with his talent simply because he won't put the effort in to do the basic stuff. I was surprised by how poor his work rate was when surely he knows he has to go 100% to stay in the side, let alone continue his AFL career.

It's only one game, but it may be enough when you fall over in the area where he's always needed to improve. Now he seems a player that can't be trusted, and we know what Longmire thinks about those kind of players.

Maybe Jack is in the side to help organise the forward line.

Maybe Aliir stays in the ruck so that he can go with Kreuzer all over the ground. He's a dangerous player going forward, and is likely to do so in this game, given that Charlie Curnow and McGovern are not in the Carlton side. I still would have like to see Amartey play. Hoping for, but not expecting, a late change.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast