Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Changes for Round 17 - Carlton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I'm baffled by this week's selections.
    1) Kreuzer is a much better ruck than Clarke. At very least Aliir needs support, and the only realistic option is Amartey, who has also played in defence and attack this year. Having an extra tall, gives the team more flexibility.
    2) KJ - wasn't exactly brilliant against a bunch of plodders from the NT last week. Really don't see any logic in his selection given our ladder position and the likelihood of him being on our roster next year. Is this a sign that he might be backing up again for 2020?
    3) Rose's omission is pretty harsh. Up until last week, he's been pretty good. He has one bad game and is gone. Ronke has played poorly all year, both in seniors and AFL yet keeps his spot?
    Particularly given that McVeigh is coming back in via the 2's. First time this has happened, yet Jack by all reports has been average in the 2's. Would have thought McVeigh was a better option. MattW; I didn't say Stoddart was a small forward. If you read my previous post on Stoddart I advocated he play on the wing.

Senior Player
    Jack topped the possessions in the 2s with 30.He surprised me and he has earned a place on merit.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Jack topped the possessions in the 2s with 30.He surprised me and he has earned a place on merit.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    No disrespect intended, but did you watch the game? Statistically he was sound but none of our mid fielders in that game warranted promotion. Their opponents are coming last and their players are either skinny, almost malnourished or overweight and looking like they need to go on lite and easy with Hodgey (I'm exaggerating a little but check out the footage). His disposal was barely at the elite level for NEAFL. The only player who looked a class above NEAFL that match was Stoddart.

A proven player in the 2s is all aboit getting thru a game unscathed and with run
    He isnt there to dominate
    Unproven players need to dominate to earn a call up
    No one is expected Mcveigh to get it 40 times, just get thru a game

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    A proven player in the 2s is all aboit getting thru a game unscathed and with run
    He isnt there to dominate
    Unproven players need to dominate to earn a call up
    No one is expected Mcveigh to get it 40 times, just get thru a game
    Fair comment but McVeigh has shown he is still up to it in the ones whereas Kieren has struggled there for a while

I like Jack, but his best days are well and truly over. Macca is at the end of his career too but injuries aside, still makes significant contributions when fit. I agree if Macca gets through today's game and looks ok, consider for ones. Jack in my eyes needs to prove he's still up to the standard because other then the game v GWS last year, I haven't seen too much evidence to suggest he is since 2016.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Particularly given that McVeigh is coming back in via the 2's. First time this has happened, yet Jack by all reports has been average in the 2's. Would have thought McVeigh was a better option. MattW; I didn't say Stoddart was a small forward. If you read my previous post on Stoddart I advocated he play on the wing.
    Sorry Nico, missed that.

Maybe Kizza will play a defensive role now that Clarke is out of the side?

Agree should be last year for both
    Also belueve both deserves games in merit and fitness.
    If Kizza does twice as much as Rose and Ronke last week combined we will say he has ahad a bad game.
    Im all for playing kids but not ones that dont perfom.
    Also reckon we should be playing them in position too

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Agree should be last year for both
    Also belueve both deserves games in merit and fitness.
    If Kizza does twice as much as Rose and Ronke last week combined we will say he has ahad a bad game.
    Im all for playing kids but not ones that dont perfom.
    Also reckon we should be playing them in position too
    I can live with that waswan. But Rose has actually been pretty good of late so KJ in for Ronke would've made more sense to me. I'll confess, I didn't notice that Rose wasn't putting in effort watching it on TV but he does have a lovely set shot, unlike the Ronke, Papley and Hayward who all have the yips atm.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567