Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 17 Swans v Blues Sat 13-Jul at SCG #AFLSwansBlues @sydneyswans

Senior Player
    A Carlton throw is OK - ours aren't.

For God's sake someone kick a goal from a set shot.

Haywards shocking kicking is costing our team. How long can we keep putting up with it?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Just like last week we are dropping marks and fumbling the ball. We can't stick our tackles either. Did I hear right that we only had 3 tackles in the last quarter last week?

Is the wind making conditions tricky? It's hard to tell on the tv.

Speaking of the tv, the camera work is terrible. The vision shown is too far away and you can't see who has the ball.

I think Dawson might be in trouble for that bump 😞.
    Yeah, the wind is tricky - affecting the flight of the ball in different ways in different parts of the ground. Explains poor kicking and marking to some extent.

Senior Player
    Bloody embarrassing at the moment. NEAFL grade football by us.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    A Carlton throw is OK - ours aren't.

For God's sake someone kick a goal from a set shot.
    Could someone PLEASE PLEASE teach Will Hayward how to kick straight. His misses are getting really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Haywards shocking kicking is costing our team. How long can we keep putting up with it?
    Agreed.

Seriously, how many clangers does Wayward Hayward have to make before being dropped.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Seriously, how many clangers does Wayward Hayward have to make before being dropped.
    I submit not too many.

Less said about that quarter the better. With the exception of our goal, we were very, very poor.

Like last week, we look really bereft using the ball because we are a tall down on normal. But we just look ordinary in all facets of the game. Our ability to lay a tackle was pitiful in that half - how many @@@@ing times did we get done by the blues players turning back inside.

Only reason we aren't getting thrashed is it's Carlton we are playing.

Wake up boys and show some fight.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

My U9s kick that goal every time, even when it's windy. That's 2 in 2 weeks for an AFL standard player. If I did my job that poorly, people would literally die. To make matters worse, the Blues went down the other end and kicked a goal, effectively causing a 12 point turn around. Such a momentum killer. If I was coach, I would make him tag Cripps for the rest of the game, just to teach him a lesson. Then drop him for next week. There needs to be consequences for such poor play.

We’ve been pretty poor since ( including ) the Gold Coast game . Continuing today. Look at the stats , a lot of passengers in our side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're getting smashed at ground level in defence and attack. Thank god for Parker. McCartain playing well today too.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast