Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 18 - Freo

It's been hard to judge the performances of Clarke and Fox because both have been given negating roles in the seniors while not so in the reserves, where both rack up big possession numbers.

I would like to see both given more opportunities to play to their strengths when in the seniors, especially Fox, who has good foot skills and pace. Clarke's skills look okay in reserves games, but not damaging. He doesn't have a penetrating kick, which leads to turnovers at higher levels. I think over the long run a good tagger needs to be able to provide a good offensive element to his game. This is what makes Hewett my preferred tagger, if we are to have one at all. I don't know if 2 taggers in the side sits well with a winning game plan.

In summary, I would like to see how a player's natural game demonstrated at reserves level translates to AFL level. It's still and open question for both Fox and Clarke.

I am agreeing with Lw's assessment of a taggers development; Brett Kirk's disposal was a bit ordinary on occasions when he was young. Clarke is young and in our defence based team will do well if given time.

Clarke and Fox certain ins. As well as Knoll

Thanks for everything you've done for us Kieran, ......and Jarred.

KJ, Ronke and Hayward out.

Go Bloods.

Veterans List
    This - Midfielder Ryan Clarke was prolific in Sydney's 47-point win in the NEAFL on Saturday, racking up 41 disposals and taking 10 marks. Was surprised when he was dropped and can't believe I'm writing this but he was missed. His hard tag on Sam Walsh would have won us the game.

Has anyone checked if Dean Cox is available? I think he knows a thing or two about rucking in Perth, in particular against Sandilands!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Has anyone checked if Dean Cox is available? I think he knows a thing or two about rucking in Perth, in particular against Sandilands!
    He's the midfield coach!!!!

McVeigh would have to be a bird to come in.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    He's the midfield coach!!!!

McVeigh would have to be a bird to come in.
    No Macca this week, looong trip to Perth and back, not for oldies.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    No Macca this week, looong trip to Perth and back, not for oldies.
    Not if he’s a bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Not if he’s a bird.
    Unless he's a turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Unless he's a turkey.
    The turkey is the Swans' shrink.

Out: Current psychiatrist
    In: Chamba the chimp
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Dawson won't be suspended, nothing malicious, just braced for impact, will get a fine for carelessness.

Out Ronke & KJ, In Clarke, Stoddart

Could do with a ruck of any type!
    +1

I cant see how Ronke can keep his place, and really Hayward and KJ offered very little, as others have said. I'd be suprised if we dropped all three.

We must however find a way to get an extra tall in the side - even if its not a ruckman. I do think the decision to go 'one short' for want of a better term may well have cost us the win both weeks. Not because Aliir hasn't admirably fought on in the ruck, but because it has left us unbalanced, and often really lacking in a forward tall target when needed (as others have been here, there and everywhere). The get out kick has been abysmally tough for us the last two weeks.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I cant see how Ronke can keep his place, and really Hayward and KJ offered very little, as others have said. I'd be suprised if we dropped all three.

We must however find a way to get an extra tall in the side - even if its not a ruckman. I do think the decision to go 'one short' for want of a better term may well have cost us the win both weeks. Not because Aliir hasn't admirably fought on in the ruck, but because it has left us unbalanced, and often really lacking in a forward tall target when needed (as others have been here, there and everywhere). The get out kick has been abysmally tough for us the last two weeks.
    Agree with your words MCS.

Either Armatey or Knoll should come in and leave Reid and Aliir to their normal roles.
    Both Ronk and Harward out and either Clarke or Stoddard in.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast