Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 18 - Freo

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I cant see how Ronke can keep his place, and really Hayward and KJ offered very little, as others have said. I'd be suprised if we dropped all three.

We must however find a way to get an extra tall in the side - even if its not a ruckman. I do think the decision to go 'one short' for want of a better term may well have cost us the win both weeks. Not because Aliir hasn't admirably fought on in the ruck, but because it has left us unbalanced, and often really lacking in a forward tall target when needed (as others have been here, there and everywhere). The get out kick has been abysmally tough for us the last two weeks.
    Totally agree but Jack has a Gold Pass and Hayward is the Coaches Pet so !!! Kreuzer killed us in the hit outs and as a consequence we then got towelled up in the stoppages. Hard to win when when you continually give the opposition first use of the ball. Knoll has the best physical presence to negate Sandilands, he will not beat him but it will release Aliir and Reid to play in their most effective positions, Clarke could tag Fyfe and we then only need to shut down Walters and Freo will be covered but the match committee think they know better than RWO. Last couple of games suggest they don't.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Bad News.

Surely McVeigh must now retire at seasons end. He has been a champion for the club and, if he wants to, I hope that they give him a coaching position.

McVeigh has had a great career. I remember when we drafted him at around 5 or 6th pick, there was him and Steven Salopek as the selection decision. Port had the pick after us, and we chose McVeigh based on his Sydney connection which was the right thing to do. Port were chuffed as they got Salopek on the next pick and thought they got the best player. Particularly the Port supporters on bigfooty who couldnt contain their glee and making a big deal about it with Sydney fans on the site.
    We'll I think Salopek played in Port's losing grand final side, but McVeigh went on to win a flag in 2012 and had by far the longer career.

Smart drafting swans.
    Last edited by barry; 15th July 2019 at 02:56 PM.

Barry, before the usual suspects "jump down your throat" McVeigh went on to win the flag in 2012.

thanks,

Ronke out for Menzel
    Jack for Clarke "rested"
    Fox to play a bit if ruck, no way he will roll the dice with an actual ruck
    not sure who comes out

No one has spoken about, Zak Jones ?
    This bloke is going to want 700k at the end of the year

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    No one has spoken about, Zak Jones ?
    This bloke is going to want 700k at the end of the year
    What about Zak Jones? I thought just about every thread had something about Zak Jones.

He's clearly having his best year. He makes his mistakes, but that's what happens when you take a lot of risks. I think he's an important part of the future for the Swans.

If the Swans don't have money in the kitty to pay him, let's crowd fund him.

Needs to lift, not just Ollie in the middle below par

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Surely McVeigh must now retire at seasons end. He has been a champion for the club and, if he wants to, I hope that they give him a coaching position.
    It's really concerning that he's been doing a soft tissue injury everytime he makes a come back. Can't seem to last more than a handful of games. Agree that it might be time to hang up the boots, as sad as the prospect is.

I'd give Wayward another chance. He'll come back.

I'm dubious as to whether Amartey can step, but we've got try something. Since our season is toast, why not give Knoll a crack?

KJ and Ronke should go, & I think Menzel should come in for the latter.

McVeigh injured again, i think? - so no 'Back to the Future' from Horse this week.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast