Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 18 - Freo

Veteran Site Admin
    Dawson has just been handed a week’s suspension

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Dawson has just been handed a week’s suspension
    For an offence that seemed about half as serious, as the late, flying elbow to the head, which he copped from McKernan last week, and for which McKernan received a fine.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    For an offence that seemed about half as serious, as the late, flying elbow to the head, which he copped from McKernan last week, and for which McKernan received a fine.
    Should appeal with vision of that incident shown!

Looks like Stoddart now gets his well earned promotion. He will add a bit of extra run and he's also an excellent kick. His 70 metre goal on the weekend, was actually an accurate 60 metre pass to the top of the goal square, which a couple of our forwards managed to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Should appeal with vision of that incident shown!
    Or at least have management seek clarification, as to why Dawson's somewhat innocuous bump, was considered to be more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Maybe it’s the ‘Victorian-based teams with a chance of making finals’ exception rule?

Dawson definitely didn't deserve a week. It was nothing compared the one's Ablett got off for a couple of times this year. It looked as though Dow ran into Dawson, who just couldn't avoid contact, although he did try.

But in the greater scheme of things, it's not all that bad. He's had a few knocks the last few games and can use a week's rest. And we can now try another player for the week, so maybe we don't have to choose between Fox and Clarke or whatever the case may be. The way Horse spoke about Hayward, it sounded like he needs a week off as well.

We could have Dawson, Hayward, Ronke and Jack all out. Maybe replaced by Amartey (or Knoll), Fox, Clarke and Stoddart. I'd be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Maybe it’s the ‘Victorian-based teams with a chance of making finals’ exception rule?
    Yes, it could be that. I thought that it was just to piss me off, but sometimes I'm quite egocentric.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Dawson definitely didn't deserve a week. It was nothing compared the one's Ablett got off for a couple of times this year. It looked as though Dow ran into Dawson, who just couldn't avoid contact, although he did try.

But in the greater scheme of things, it's not all that bad. He's had a few knocks the last few games and can use a week's rest. And we can now try another player for the week, so maybe we don't have to choose between Fox and Clarke or whatever the case may be. The way Horse spoke about Hayward, it sounded like he needs a week off as well.

We could have Dawson, Hayward, Ronke and Jack all out. Maybe replaced by Amartey (or Knoll), Fox, Clarke and Stoddart. I'd be happy with that.
    The way John intonated his assessment that Amartey and Knoll 'went ok' and his description of them as 'very raw' did not fill me with much confidence they'll play. It seemed more in prospect after his post match presser; perhaps he's cooled on it after watching the reserves play.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    The way John intonated his assessment that Amartey and Knoll 'went ok' and his description of them as 'very raw' did not fill me with much confidence they'll play. It seemed more in prospect after his post match presser; perhaps he's cooled on it after watching the reserves play.
    I fully agree with Horse. They are very raw and would only get a chance to play under circumstances that we currently find ourselves. It's more about letting Aliir and Reid play their normal roles. It helps our forward and back lines learn to play with each as they might next year.

We know whoever of Amartey or Knoll we play will be well beaten in the ruck, but they'll be better for the experience and the coaches will learn more about these players. Both are out of contract at the end of this season. I'm pretty sure Amartey will get at least another year.

Aliir has been great filling in, but we have lost both games he's been our ruckman, so it's not like his presence in the ruck has been part of a winning formula.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I fully agree with Horse. They are very raw and would only get a chance to play under circumstances that we currently find ourselves. It's more about letting Aliir and Reid play their normal roles. It helps our forward and back lines learn to play with each as they might next year.

We know whoever of Amartey or Knoll we play will be well beaten in the ruck, but they'll be better for the experience and the coaches will learn more about these players. Both are out of contract at the end of this season. I'm pretty sure Amartey will get at least another year.

Aliir has been great filling in, but we have lost both games he's been our ruckman, so it's not like his presence in the ruck has been part of a winning formula.
    Yes agree, but the season over so why not try a few thing??

Every rookie is raw, and Freo is a bad side where we should give them our rookies a go!

AA not in back line means that Melican is exposed.

But Horse will not play young players but useless hacks like Jack who will gone at season end.
    doof-doof

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast