Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 18 - Freo

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post

But Horse will not play young players but useless hacks like Jack who will gone at season end.
    We are playing 2 first year players in Blakey and Rowbottom, and 2nd year player McCartin, who played plenty as a rookie as well. So playing 2nd year Amartey shouldn't be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    It's really concerning that he's been doing a soft tissue injury everytime he makes a come back. Can't seem to last more than a handful of games. Agree that it might be time to hang up the boots, as sad as the prospect is.
    I was dismissive of the people who said a couple of weeks ago that his body couldn't be trusted to play in the seniors, but sadly it seems they were correct. His presence on field is sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Ok no need to worry about the result. Time to see who’s made of the right stuff.

OUT: Kizza, Ronke, Dawson (suspended)
    IN: Stoddart, Amartey, Wicks
    Ok Webbos. Who do you know on the judiciary? Can they get Dawson off the charge?

Regular in the Side
    Cunningham has been injured and will not play for a few weeks Cunningham to miss Freo clash - sydneyswans.com.au

Regular in the Side
    OUT: Dawson, Cunningham, Ronke and Hayward
    IN: Clarke, Stoddart, Menzel and Amarty
    Kizza safe for another week. Can't change too many but I think Rose and Fox will travel to Perth as well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Maybe it’s the ‘Victorian-based teams with a chance of making finals’ exception rule?
    Spot on.....how Cunnington continually avoids suspension for constantly hitting opposition players is beyond me.....and Witts (admittedly a Lion.....but they're the new interstate darlings of the AFL fraternity) gets a fine for nearly taking Blakey's head off and McKernan gets a fine for the same on Dawson, yet an innocuous, almost accidental bump to little Paddy's head is deemed worthy of suspension.

The message is, if they don't get you with the free kick count, they'll get you with the MRO.....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Dawson definitely didn't deserve a week. It was nothing compared the one's Ablett got off for a couple of times this year. It looked as though Dow ran into Dawson, who just couldn't avoid contact, although he did try.

But in the greater scheme of things, it's not all that bad. He's had a few knocks the last few games and can use a week's rest. And we can now try another player for the week, so maybe we don't have to choose between Fox and Clarke or whatever the case may be. The way Horse spoke about Hayward, it sounded like he needs a week off as well.

We could have Dawson, Hayward, Ronke and Jack all out. Maybe replaced by Amartey (or Knoll), Fox, Clarke and Stoddart.
    I'd be happy with that.
    +1 .....So would I.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I fully agree with Horse. They are very raw and would only get a chance to play under circumstances that we currently find ourselves. It's more about letting Aliir and Reid play their normal roles. It helps our forward and back lines learn to play with each as they might next year.

We know whoever of Amartey or Knoll we play will be well beaten in the ruck, but they'll be better for the experience and the coaches will learn more about these players. Both are out of contract at the end of this season. I'm pretty sure Amartey will get at least another year.

Aliir has been great filling in, but we have lost both games he's been our ruckman, so it's not like his presence in the ruck has been part of a winning formula.
    They play either and they gets donuts. Big deal. The season isn't on the line and we get our structure back. They played McInerney earlier this year. Really what's the difference...except we had the season to play for then.

Veterans List
    No Cunningham this week. So at least 2 changes for the Freo game.

I was disappointed with Cunningham's kicking on the weekend but I wonder if he was hampered by the groin issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Ok Webbos. Who do you know on the judiciary? Can they get Dawson off the charge?
    It looked like he’d get suspended when I saw it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Cunningham has been injured and will not play for a few weeks Cunningham to miss Freo clash - sydneyswans.com.au
    Yes but you missed the best bit. The article also says they expect Naismith to play his first game in round 19! Hurrah!!

Veterans List
    Based on recent weeks NEAFL you would think Clarke & Stoddart are the likely ins to replace Cunningham & Superboot.

They may still choose to bring in a ruckman so Aliir can go back to replace Dawson's recent role there, in which case Ronke would have to be the omission.

But who knows, the MC completely fail to do what we suggest and we have poor results as a consequence, they need to listen!

Regular in the Side
    why wont we challenge dawsons suspension

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast