Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 18 - Freo

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Hayward can consider himself extremely lucky to be playing this week... it must be true about him being the coaches favorite!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Menzel should of come in for him.
    Hayward has been one of my faves the last 2 years but he's been appalling for the second half of this year, he needs to regain form and confidence

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Menzel should of come in for him.
    Hayward has been one of my faves the last 2 years but he's been appalling for the second half of this year, he needs to regain form and confidence
    Agree. He's got plenty of talent but is badly out of form and is a basket case when in front of goals, particularly with a set shot. Could use a few weeks in the NEAFL to hopefully regain some confidence and kick a few goals.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    The futures so bright I gotta wear shades.
    Happy with the changes and the youth of the side. Mclean could turn out to be useful. Good, positive, youthful roll of the dice. Looking forward to the side having a real crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Happy with the changes and the youth of the side. Mclean could turn out to be useful. Good, positive, youthful roll of the dice. Looking forward to the side having a real crack.
    Out of the inclusions I'm happiest for Stoddart. He really deserves it. He couldn't have done anything more than he's already done to deserve a shot in the seniors.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It's a debut for ....McLean! Considering he hasn't rucked in the last 2 weeks I don't think he's going to be taking over first ruck duties from Aliir?

In: Clarke, Fox, McLean, Stoddart
    Out: Cunningham (injured), Dawson (suspended), Jack (omitted), Ronke (omitted)

Emg: Rose Ronke Jack Menzel

Fyfe out !
    But will take relief ruck role, I suspect

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Out of the inclusions I'm happiest for Stoddart. He really deserves it. He couldn't have done anything more than he's already done to deserve a shot in the seniors.
    Totally agree. I think this kid can make it with opportunity and help. The final part of the season given our current predicament is a perfect opportunity for this.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Can not see us winning this one. Aliir was well beaten by Kreuzer leading to us getting thrashed in the stoppages. How is he going to go against Sandilands, Darcy and Lobb. Would have played Knoll who has not being going too badly in the last couple of matches and rested (managed) one of the kids. McLean looks like he will be playing McCartins tall forward role so Tom could well have had a spell, Hayward is badly out of form and either Blakey or Florent could probably use a spell too. Big hard ground in Perth will test the youngsters so would have not minded if Rose, Menzel or even Jack got a game to rest them. Perhaps the MC read the reports that Sandilands and S Hill were unlikely and picked accordingly. At least Fyfe is out. I can see Walters, Mundy and the Hill brothers having a field day feeding off their dominant rucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Can not see us winning this one. Aliir was well beaten by Kreuzer leading to us getting thrashed in the stoppages. How is he going to go against Sandilands, Darcy and Lobb. Would have played Knoll who has not being going too badly in the last couple of matches and rested (managed) one of the kids. McLean looks like he will be playing McCartins tall forward role so Tom could well have had a spell, Hayward is badly out of form and either Blakey or Florent could probably use a spell too. Big hard ground in Perth will test the youngsters so would have not minded if Rose, Menzel or even Jack got a game to rest them. Perhaps the MC read the reports that Sandilands and S Hill were unlikely and picked accordingly. At least Fyfe is out. I can see Walters, Mundy and the Hill brothers having a field day feeding off their dominant rucks.
    With the massive ruck dominance Freo should have, they should win easily, especially at home. If they don't, every "pure" tap ruck should be delisted in the AFL!

Aliir ( 195cm 97kg ) Sandi (211cm 119kg)
    McKean (197 93). Darcy ( 202 113)
    Reid ( 196 100 ). Lobb ( 206 106)
    Boys v Men

I’m confused. Did we lose last week because of Knoll/Amartey not playing or was it because of our rubbish skills, Hayward’s kicking for goal, Jack’s ineffectiveness, JPK getting too old, Mills not playing mid, Florent not developing, Ronke, or our game plan being too slow?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I’m confused. Did we lose last week because of Knoll/Amartey not playing or was it because of our rubbish skills, Hayward’s kicking for goal, Jack’s ineffectiveness, JPK getting too old, Mills not playing mid, Florent not developing, Ronke, or our game plan being too slow?
    I think I've missed the point you're trying to make, but I don't think any defeat can ever be pinpointed to one single reason

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I think I've missed the point you're trying to make, but I don't think any defeat can ever be pinpointed to one single reason
    Sorry, I was being facetious. There just seems to be many people suggesting that we are going to lose because the MC hasn’t picked Knoll or Amartey to ruck. Personally, I don’t think it matters who we pick for the ruck as we will be beaten here anyway. It is just a shame for Cameron that when his chance arises, he is also out injured. Any team who is playing their 4th choice ruck would be in trouble. However, especially with Fyfe out, we can still win or match clearances.

I am actually making the same point as you - the game is complicated and many areas for improvement. I am happy with the changes (apart from the forced ones) and am looking forward to seeing how Stoddart, in particular, goes.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast