Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 18 - Freo

Changes for round 18 - Freo

Ok no need to worry about the result. Time to see who’s made of the right stuff.

OUT: Kizza, Ronke, Dawson (suspended)
    IN: Stoddart, Amartey, Wicks

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Ok no need to worry about the result. Time to see who’s made of the right stuff.

OUT: Kizza, Ronke, Dawson (suspended)
    IN: Stoddart, Amartey, Wicks
    Dawson won't be suspended, nothing malicious, just braced for impact, will get a fine for carelessness.

Out Ronke & KJ, In Clarke, Stoddart

Could do with a ruck of any type!

Out: Hayward, Ronke, KJ
    In: Amartey, Stoddart, Menzel

Also tempted to bring in Clarke

I've come full circle on Clarke. Yes he lacks polish on his disposals. But having him in frees up Hewett in particular, who looks a much better player when he can just focus on his game and not stopping the opposition's best mid. Stoddart is a must and more support for Aliir and Reid in the ruck. Menzel had his best game in the NEAFL for us yet and knows his way around goals. Macca pulled up sore after a contest but did look a cut above playing NEAFL. Maybe one more week to prove his fitness and then reassess.
    In: Amartey, Stoddart, Clarke, Menzel
    Out: Ronke, Jack, Hayward, Florent

Veterans List
    We definitely need to have someone else in the ruck. It affects our cohesion in the forwardline/backline when Reid or Aliir are in the ruck.

We also have too many forwards who are out of form. Today and last week the opposition were able to easily stroll out with the ball.

It would be nice if we worked on our tackling this week.

In: Amartey, Stoddart, Fox

Clarke has been good in the reserves, but prefer Stoddart and Fox because of their speed and disposal.

I wouldn't be going much tagging given our ladder position. We should play to become a more offensive and higher scoring team.

Mills or Dawson to the midfield with Stoddart playing HBF, where he's been so effective in the reserves. We can try playing Florent up forward.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Clarke has been good in the reserves, but prefer Stoddart and Fox because of their speed and disposal.

I wouldn't be going much tagging given our ladder position. We should play to become a more offensive and higher scoring team.

Mills or Dawson to the midfield with Stoddart playing HBF, where he's been so effective in the reserves. We can try playing Florent up forward.
    I think we should persevere with Florent in the midfield. It's not the position that's the problem, it's performance. When he's played well, as he did in the second quarter, he is important in providing run and elite kicking through the midfield. He goes missing in games; I don't think that would be addressed by moving forward.

Similarly, I think we should and will persevere with Mills in defence, given its youth and inexperience, particularly while Aliir has other responsibilities.

But yes, Stoddart needs to come in and play HBF. I think Harry moves forward.

Agree with your outs, but would prefer Clarke to Fox. Fox has speed, but hasn't shown it in the firsts. Not sure I agree with your reasoning re Clarke. Playing offensively can be assisted by shutting down a strong opposition player.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I think we should persevere with Florent in the midfield. It's not the position that's the problem, it's performance. When he's played well, as he did in the second quarter, he is important in providing run and elite kicking through the midfield. He goes missing in games; I don't think that would be addressed by moving forward.

Similarly, I think we should and will persevere with Mills in defence, given its youth and inexperience, particularly while Aliir has other responsibilities.

Agree with your outs, but would prefer Clarke to Fox. Fox has speed, but hasn't shown it in the firsts. Not sure I agree with your reasoning re Clarke. Playing offensively can be assisted by shutting down a strong opposition player.
    +1 esp in regards to Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

I'm with you Matt. Clarke definitely in to tag Ffye next week. If he had a strong game, could almost single handedly beat us. Fox may be a better all round player but Clarke has shown he's a really effective tagger. What about Fox playing forward in place of one of our misfiring smalls? Although still think Rose a bit hard done by.

Regular in the Side
    +1

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    All this support from RWOers for playing a ruckman, it's quite a delightful change.

Now all we need is for Horse/Match Committee to have the same change of heart, and get over their anti-Ruckmanism

I question the idea that because Knoll hasn't set the world on fire in the NEAFL it means he's not ready for the AFL.
    Didn't we draft him because he'd been performing well in the WAFL and the WAFL v SANFL game - which is a higher level that the NEAFL?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

+1

Agree that:
    Ronke should go - has given us nothing and I don't understand why the MC has continued to play him.
    Hayward - he has lost whatever form he had - cannot kick to save himself and runs all over the place like a rabbit in the headlights. Needs to go back to the NEAFL and start again.
    KJ - sorry to say but father time has overtaken him. Had his farewell game and did not excel.

As for ins - we need a ruckman that will compete against Sandilands, and allow one of our best defenders and one of our taller forwards to stay in their positions and give the team some support.
    I would bring back stoddart and Clarke or McVeigh.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast