Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 18 - Freo

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    why wont we challenge dawsons suspension
    Because he wouldn’t get off . Pretty puzzled everyone here thinks Dawson has no case to answer. The rules on choosing to bump and making head high contact are pretty clear . I admit some of the interpretations are murky but this one was pretty clear cut. I realise that there have been other offences that look worthy of suspensions that haven’t been viewed that way but the MRO, but to say they got the decision wrong this time is pushing it. They got it right , it’s all the other ones they’ve been getting wrong . Their inconsistency and interpretations, around striking in particular , are what is frustrating. Doesn’t mean Dawson didn’t deserve a week for that bump though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Because he wouldn’t get off . Pretty puzzled everyone here thinks Dawson has no case to answer. The rules on choosing to bump and making head high contact are pretty clear . I admit some of the interpretations are murky but this one was pretty clear cut. I realise that there have been other offences that look worthy of suspensions that haven’t been viewed that way but the MRO, but to say they got the decision wrong this time is pushing it. They got it right , it’s all the other ones they’ve been getting wrong . Their inconsistency and interpretations, around striking in particular , are what is frustrating. Doesn’t mean Dawson didn’t deserve a week for that bump though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep.

Menzel for Jack
    Clark for Ronke
    Stoddart for Dawson
    Knoll or Amartey for Cunningham

We gain some experience with Menzel and Clark and lose some with Jack. I was at the game on Saturday and it was hard to spot Jack most of the time. He didn't impact the play and if you're bringing in a senior player, you would expect that they need to find the pill and use it effectively.

Stodds has been playing well off half-back in the NEAFL for a while now and deserves another crack.

I thought Knoll looked better in the ruck against Southport too. He was actually jumping into the contest and his work around the ground was good. Amartey was a little more athletic. It's time to push AA back into that intercept role in defence where he can dominate and leave Reid up forward for most of the game. Our structure has been a little off with AA in the ruck.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fox was picked though. He had a pretty good game too.

Veterans List
    Someone has incorrectly posted on the "Changes for Essendon" thread, this is the thread for Freo this week.

Be interesting to see if this weeks team is our youngest since .......

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Someone has incorrectly posted on the "Changes for Essendon" thread, this is the thread for Freo this week.

Be interesting to see if this weeks team is our youngest since .......
    That was me, it was in relation to Harry's selection in that game after an extended period out with a groin injury, which surprise surprise he has re-injured

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Based on recent weeks NEAFL you would think Clarke & Stoddart are the likely ins to replace Cunningham & Superboot.

They may still choose to bring in a ruckman so Aliir can go back to replace Dawson's recent role there, in which case Ronke would have to be the omission.

But who knows, the MC completely fail to do what we suggest and we have poor results as a consequence, they need to listen!
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    That was me, it was in relation to Harry's selection in that game after an extended period out with a groin injury, which surprise surprise he has re-injured
    It’s a new injury - see report on Swans website.

Warming the Bench
    How about we just play a fit team. We've seen the MC hesitant to make changes other than forced changes through injury and/or suspension.

My predictions are
    Outs: Dawson (suspended), Cunningham (injured)
    Ins: Stoddart, Fox

If I was on the MC....

Outs: Dawson, Cunningham, Ronke, Hayward, Jack
    Ins: Stoddart, Menzel, Clarke, Fox, Amartey

Ronke and Hayward are way down on form and are a liability. I have always liked Kieren as a player but father time has caught up.

I think we need a ruckman even though Sandliands could be out so Amartey gets the nod. He would be playing against a second ruckman and it would be good experience. Clarke to tag Fyfe as others have mentioned.

Last weeks selections made me think 'Swans are tanking' - we'll see what the MC throw up tonight.

I think they’ll bring someone else in to ruck, even if it’s Fox! Although I think Knoll more likely now.

Wonder why they’d keep player Kizza. Ronke goes Horses pet stays.

OUT: Dawson, Cunningham, Ronke, Jack
    IN: Stoddart, Fox, Clarke, Knoll

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It's a debut for ....McLean! Considering he hasn't rucked in the last 2 weeks I don't think he's going to be taking over first ruck duties from Aliir?

In: Clarke, Fox, McLean, Stoddart
    Out: Cunningham (injured), Dawson (suspended), Jack (omitted), Ronke (omitted)

Emg: Rose Ronke Jack Menzel

Fyfe out !

Veterans List
    Must be our youngest side since we were South Melbourne!

Wonder what they have in mind for McLean, maybe do the chop out ruck work so Reid can stay forward.

The four ins have been the best in the NEAFL so that's what I like to see, reward those performing. Ronke and Jack gave us nothing last week/s so has to be upside from their replacements. Clarke to tag Walters?

Giving myself 3.5 out of 4 as I had Knoll as the ruck inclusion. They must think Maclean’s the least worst.

Still feel we are a chance against a Fyfe-less Freo

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast