Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 17 - Carlton

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar

Changes for Round 17 - Carlton

Time to officially put a line though this season and start playing the kids.

Florent has been missing the last few weeks, time for a spell in the seconds.

Ronke is truly out of form; until he has his confidence back he remains in the magoos.

Cunningham; get a few cheap possessions but his contested possessions was 1, uncontested 17. Cheap.

Would like to see after several years what some of our older rookies have.

Pink, Amartey, Cameron (just to get his trade value up).

It now or ever for those three!
    doof-doof

They have been playing the kids for the last 2 seasons, and you need a mixture of experience to go with the youth to help guide them. This has been evident by the absence of McVeigh.
    Agree with you re- Ronke. Disagree about Florent, keep him in. Gee I think you have been harsh on Cunningham, as it was his first game back after a considerable break where, prior to that, he was playing exceptionally well.
    From the RWO's report of the reserve game yesterday, Stoddart should be given a run. If fit I would like to see Cameron get another run, just to see how he goes.

Senior Player
    Time to bring Stoddart in; for Rose, whose chance is up.

As well as Aliir went in the ruck, it was destabilising to the team structure. Horse said it himself, they were reluctant to kick it forward in the first quarter as they were worried they lacked height to compete with Hurley and Hooker. It's time to bite the bullet and bring someone to ruck. Cameron if fit, Amartey otherwise. Ronke has to go and only come back if he proves he is truly AFL standard, which he clearly is not currently.

Ins: Cameron (Amartey)
    Outs: Ronke

Also Hayward had a shocka, is increasingly a liability with his poor kicking for goal and missing targets. If McVeigh is fit, he can come in for him, otherwise Stoddart. Cunningham can spend more time up forward as a pressure small.

I thought was Hayward was good around the ground. Obviously screwed up some opportunities but I liked that he got himself himself in those positions. I think there is more benefit in him playing the remaining seven senior games than finishing the year in the neafl.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I thought was Hayward was good around the ground. Obviously screwed up some opportunities but I liked that he got himself himself in those positions. I think there is more benefit in him playing the remaining seven senior games than finishing the year in the neafl.
    I like Hayward but his game yesterday was terrible. He only gets limited possessions so he must be efficient and effective. His goal kicking is now wasteful and his ability to pick out 2 free targets in the 3rd qtr was awful. Time for a run in the 2’s

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    As well as Aliir went in the ruck, it was destabilising to the team structure. Horse said it himself, they were reluctant to kick it forward in the first quarter as they were worried they lacked height to compete with Hurley and Hooker. It's time to bite the bullet and bring someone to ruck. Cameron if fit, Amartey otherwise. Ronke has to go and only come back if he proves he is truly AFL standard, which he clearly is not currently.

Ins: Cameron (Amartey)
    Outs: Ronke
    Allir ran out of gas in ruck but his game was very good- incredible athlete who won a lot of ground ball. Was headed for best on ground at one stage. Would give him one more game in ruck against Carlton but the bash and crash long term would probably wreck him. Also big part of our defence and rebound. Would probably persist with Hayward despite his brain fades. One goal from a set shot might set him straight. Confidence player.

Though he probably won't be, I would like Blakey to be rested for one game. When he got crunched in the first quarter, the commentators were saying something about needing to get his ankle looked at. So I would like to see him sit out the Carlton game then return for the remaining six games.

I think they will probably select McVeigh because it is a smaller ground against an opponent we are favourites against. So he won't have to do as much running and they will see if his composure settles the team down.

I would prefer to see one or two young players from the reserves be selected in a home game against Carlton than against Geelong, GWS or Port. It would be good to see Stoddart get at least one senior game in his second season to see how he is progressing.

For the second player maybe someone unexpected like Amartey, Wicks, Bell, Foot or Pink just to see how they handle it. Pink could allow McCartin to play forward and give an indication whether he could be KPD depth next year. Amartey could take some of the ruck work from Aliir and he seems good around the ground. Wicks, Bell and Foot would probably have to come in as a forward pocket.
    Last edited by SeanM; 7th July 2019 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Cunningham; get a few cheap possessions but his contested possessions was 1, uncontested 17. Cheap.
    I am not sure you can be critical of an outside runner getting uncontested possessions. They really don’t have much value if they are not breaking into space.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Allir ran out of gas in ruck but his game was very good- incredible athlete who won a lot of ground ball. Was headed for best on ground at one stage. Would give him one more game in ruck against Carlton but the bash and crash long term would probably wreck him. Also big part of our defence and rebound. Would probably persist with Hayward despite his brain fades. One goal from a set shot might set him straight. Confidence player.
    I think you're 100% on the money about the rebound Aliir generates. So athletic, good in the air and quick across the ground. That's why he's needed more in defence then in the ruck. McCartain is more a forward then defender and provides that valuable 2nd target alongside Reid. Blakey is not really a KP forward at present (too lizard like, needs to morph into a crocodile). So we need someone else to ruck. Ronke stinking it up provides an easy out, just need to find someone to bring in..........

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I think you're 100% on the money about the rebound Aliir generates. So athletic, good in the air and quick across the ground. That's why he's needed more in defence then in the ruck. McCartain is more a forward then defender and provides that valuable 2nd target alongside Reid. Blakey is not really a KP forward at present (too lizard like, needs to morph into a crocodile). So we need someone else to ruck. Ronke stinking it up provides an easy out, just need to find someone to bring in..........
    I was at the game yesterday and it reimforced how quick and taxing the game is and how much quickness and tackling pressure you need to provide even if you don't get a.lot.of the ball. We generally did this yesterday until late in the game. Ronke was pretty good v Gold Coast. NEAFL is a walk in the park comparably. Are we sure we should replace him and Hayward?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast