Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: #AFL Round 18 Dockers v Swans Sat 20-Jul at Optus Stadium #AFLDockersSwans @sydneyswans

Lloyds a hard worker , quite obviously knows how to get the pill but his deficiencies appear to be the penetration of his kick and the options he takes. He often appears to me to take the easiest option with a small kick or handball rather than breaking the lines or finding an option that breaks open space and moves the team forward.

Lloyd is not the messiah but he is also definitely not a naughty little boy and in with the current maturity level of the team, is in the unenviable position where he is moving the ball up to a very young and inexperienced half forward line (and midfield for that matter) which probably are not placed at this stage to make the most of those opportunities.

Id choose another target in the unending search for a whipping boy.

I am not sure about everyone else but my frustration with Jake is the way he is used. His pinpoint short kicks would actually be far more effective forward of centre whereas I must agree that his kick ins are so predictable, always goes to the right short kick. Not bagging him at all as he has won a B&F but think he is exactly what Bud and the boys forward would love to lead on too. Rampes is the one we need to free up, his long kicking has been sublime, did anyone see that last ball he kicked in to the 50 against Freo in last quarter, flat and hit whoever it was lace out. I think we will actually challenge next year, a couple of recruits Sier from Collingwood and Brayshaw from Melbourne for Zac and a pick. 3rd rounder for Preuss and top 4 draftee, sweet. I don't agree we need backline reinforcements, round the coal face is where it is needed plus ruck, fwd and back think we are ok!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122