Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 18 Dockers v Swans Sat 20-Jul at Optus Stadium #AFLDockersSwans @sydneyswans

Trouble with AFL coaches, they don't have the depth of understanding of the game that we have here on RWO

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Trouble with AFL coaches, they don't have the depth of understanding of the game that we have here on RWO
    Not everyone will take this as tongue in cheek!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    This is getting absurd. He got most votes from the two coaches. I know we are all a bit deluded on RWO but this is getting out of hand.
    What I find absurd is people shutting down reasoned discussion on a discussion board.

My opinion is Lloyd doesn't break lines, his disposal is average and he racks up cheap numbers. I disagree with the coaches. Feel pretty ok about that. Not sure why it is absurd.

Here's another one. I reckon Barry sometimes says crazy stuff but I'm also interested in his opinion because he seems smart and I like to hear his point of view. Makes me think.

Poor Annie with Mchack. I knew she was joking. She probably plays golf with him on Sundays.

I even miss Matt40 sometimes even if he was a broken record in some things.

Everyone has a legit point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    We're being gaslighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    What I find absurd is people shutting down reasoned discussion on a discussion board.

My opinion is Lloyd doesn't break lines, his disposal is average and he racks up cheap numbers. I disagree with the coaches. Feel pretty ok about that. Not sure why it is absurd.

Here's another one. I reckon Barry sometimes says crazy stuff but I'm also interested in his opinion because he seems smart and I like to hear his point of view. Makes me think.

Poor Annie with Mchack. I knew she was joking. She probably plays golf with him on Sundays.

It would be boring if we all agreed. For what it's worth, I have a foot in both camps. Lloyd is a good player, definitely best 22 for us but could be better on his disposal at times. Plus he's a family favourite as my son is Jake too, generally plays well in defence, but can be prone to the odd clanger when getting rid of the pill!

Senior Player

Only my opinion. Not trying to shut anyone down. Sorry if you feel that way. As a matter of interest, why do you think Longmire and Lyon voted him BOG?

As a matter of interest, why do you think Longmire and Lyon voted him BOG?
    Everyone else was worse? It was a terrible game.

Only if there's no game on!!
    McHack is a very old nickname I gave to him in his very early days at the club. I've called it to his face once or twice!! His calm and experienced approach is what is lacking at the moment... we have to get used to not having him there to help the kids out. He's a great bloke, will always give you some time out of his day.
    I hope he stays at the club in some capacity as his understanding (sometimes not his execution) of the game is experience we can't afford to lose.
    Maybe get rid of Stevie J?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Everyone else was worse? It was a terrible game.
    The skill levels were atrocious - particularly in the first quarter. But then I started simply enjoying the young Swans taking the game on, mistakes and all. Good to see as 2019 is a rehearsal for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    The skill levels were atrocious - particularly in the first quarter. But then I started simply enjoying the young Swans taking the game on, mistakes and all. Good to see as 2019 is a rehearsal for 2020.
    Agreed. I tried to become dispassionate in my observation by failed...

One needs a different mindset for this situation.

Veterans List
    This is getting absurd. He got most votes from the two coaches. I know we are all a bit deluded on RWO but this is getting out of hand.
    I wasn't having a go at Lloyd, if anything I was sticking up for him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I wasn't having a go at Lloyd, if anything I was sticking up for him.
    Fair enough Mel but you did insinuate that he was out of form. Maybe time to focus on some other player.