Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 18 Dockers v Swans Sat 20-Jul at Optus Stadium #AFLDockersSwans @sydneyswans

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    My issue with Lloyd is he often slows down play from defence (maybe he doesn't have a better option to move the ball forward to) by going sideways or the short dinky kick which is often a clanger in a critical part of the ground. The indirectness allows the opposition to block space and make for slow and indirect ball movement. Rampe as a contrast, moves it quickly, long and generally to advantage creating far greater speed out of the backline and allowing us 1-1 opportunities in the forward line.
    Got 8 votes from the coaches in the Coaches Player of the year. These blokes must be clueless!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Got 8 votes from the coaches in the Coaches Player of the year. These blokes must be clueless!
    In 55 years of watching the game i clearly have no clue

Veterans List
    .....and made the AFL 'Team of the Week'......"and Jake Lloyd did what he always does, racking up the football in Sydney's narrow loss to Fremantle."

Team of the Week, R18: Who makes the cut? - AFL.com.au

Herein lies the problem......Lloyd doing "what he always does" is not actually helping our team much.

Veterans List
    .....and made the AFL "Team of the Week", with the explanation being "and Jake Lloyd did what he always does, racking up the football in Sydney's narrow loss to Fremantle."

Herein lies the problem.....Jake doing "what he always does" isn't necessarily helping our team.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    .....and made the AFL "Team of the Week", with the explanation being "and Jake Lloyd did what he always does, racking up the football in Sydney's narrow loss to Fremantle."

Herein lies the problem.....Jake doing "what he always does" isn't necessarily helping our team.

So we win by a point and he stll does not help? Coaches MVP votes surely very significant along with Players MVP?. Recall Clarkson commenting on Lloyds importance a season or two ago.

Veterans List
    So we win by a point and he stll does not help? Coaches MVP votes surely very significant along with Players MVP?. Recall Clarkson commenting on Lloyds importance a season or two ago.
    Jake must have been actually hitting targets back then.....

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Jake must have been actually hitting targets back then.....
    His disposal efficiency was 78.6% with 4 clangers. This actually made him only the 13th most effective player in the side behind Fox, COR, Melican (87.5%), Stoddart, McLean, Hayward, Jones (!) and Kennedy.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    His disposal efficiency was 78.6% with 4 clangers. This actually made him only the 13th most effective player in the side behind Fox, COR, Melican (87.5%), Stoddart, McLean, Hayward, Jones (!) and Kennedy.
    He had way more possessions than a lot of these guys. Less effective than Hayward and Stoddart who would have had a third of his possessions? Longmire and Lyon had him BOG. Guess some on RWO know better. Lloyd being disrespected big time on here. Personally, I hope in time he will be restored to midfield where he was impressive early on.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Disposal efficiency (especially as a raw stat, ignoring type of disposal) isn't a measure of effectiveness. Or at least, it's only one (very minor) measure of effectiveness.

Sorry I didn’t mean to muddy the waters. I was using effectiveness on a per disposal basis interchangeably with efficiency. As in the stat measures the number of effective disposals as a % of the total.

I think 78.6% is high and I was surprised and how many players %age was even higher. If anything I’m a Lloyd supporter.

Veterans List
    It's interesting reading the negative feedback this year about Lloyd on here and on Big Footy.

I recall a couple of years ago when we lost those 2 close games against Hawthorn when Lloyd was injured. Most people were saying his absence was the reason why we lost both of those games.

Lloyd won the B&F last year for a reason. Hopefully he can find that form again.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It's interesting reading the negative feedback this year about Lloyd on here and on Big Footy.

I recall a couple of years ago when we lost those 2 close games against Hawthorn when Lloyd was injured. Most people were saying his absence was the reason why we lost both of those games.

Lloyd won the B&F last year for a reason. Hopefully he can find that form again.
    This is getting absurd. He got most votes from the two coaches. I know we are all a bit deluded on RWO but this is getting out of hand.