Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 18 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Exactly right, although you could see something building at the Lions, even though they weren't getting many wins. It has all come together for them this season and this article (originally on the AFL site but now I can only find it on the Lions site) explains how that unfolded in the off season....a lot went right for them but they knew what they wanted and cleverly ticked all the boxes. I hope we can do the same after this season is over.....

Science and luck: How the Lions' list has come together - lions.com.au
    Brisbane finished bottom 4 five years in a row, and received a priority pick in 2016. Even if a lot of those high draft picks ran away during the Leppitsch era, they still got access to the top end of the draft for 5 years in a row.

I agree they've been really bold in the moves they've made - as per Callum Twomey's article. You'd hope that the Swans will do something similar if there's a player they want this year?

Brisbane also did extremely well at the trade table last year - giving up a first round draft pick for Lachie Neale and receiving two first rounders for Beams.

Veterans List
    Meg I think it's because the ruckmen wear a guard to protect their leg for when they jump in the ruck. So the sock covers the guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    It’s a sign to his GF he won’t be home for dinner, he’s heading to the Lord Nelson to forget another drubbing .

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Meg I think it's because the ruckmen wear a guard to protect their leg for when they jump in the ruck. So the sock covers the guard.
    Ah ha, that makes sense. Most ruckmen wear both socks up so I suppose there is a guard under one, just more discreet.

Norf up 30-10 at start of Q2! Go Rhyce Shaw

50-31 now

Veterans List
    Brisbane by 10 in the last quarter.

scores level

Veterans List
    North lose another close one. I feel for Shaw but I'm happy for Brisbane. They are second now.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    North lose another close one. I feel for Shaw but I'm happy for Brisbane. They are second now.
    Ordinary decision put Lions in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Ordinary decision put Lions in front.
    True but there was an equally ordinary decision prior ( in the ruck against the big O ) that led to Browns goal that drew the Roos level or thereabouts . Can’t say it cost them the game . If They both got adjudicated correctly the lions still win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    True but there was an equally ordinary decision prior ( in the ruck against the big O ) that led to Browns goal that drew the Roos level or thereabouts . Can’t say it cost them the game . If They both got adjudicated correctly the lions still win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wasn't aware of that. Fair enough.

Veterans List
    I'm at the Geelong game and they are not playing like a top team. Plenty of turnovers and they have missed their last 4 shots at goal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast