Thread: #AFL Round 18 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Ordinary decision put Lions in front.
    AFL admits blunder after awarding match-winning free kick

AFL admits blunder after awarding match-winning free kick - AFL.com.au

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Ordinary decision put Lions in front.
    It was there....as was the last free they got. Besides, an even more ordinary decision before the Lions one put North in front. The result was fair.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm at the Geelong game and they are not playing like a top team. Plenty of turnovers and they have missed their last 4 shots at goal.
    Despite the Cats being on top all season, I actually don't think that at any time they've looked like a likely premiership team. Their form over the last few weeks is no surprise to me.....

In round 11 , a rebuilding team in 14h nearly beat them at The Cattery .

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I'm not a huge lover of St.Kilda at all but am enjoying watching them put a big dent in the Bulldog's finals hopes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I'm not a huge lover of St.Kilda at all but am enjoying watching them put a big dent in the Bulldog's finals hopes!
    And go above us on the ladder

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    It is interesting how all three teams who have ditched their coach have immediately performed better. In all cases it did seem before the sackings as though they'd stopped playing for their respective coaches and that appears to have the case.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    In round 11 , a rebuilding team in 14th nearly beat them at The Cattery .
    Yes exactly.....I was there that night and went home thinking that the Cats performance didn't reflect their ladder position at all.....and I was quite satisfied with our performance and trajectory. That's what makes the last three weeks so disappointing.

I loved watching the Melbourne v West Coast match in Alice Springs. With the beautiful red background of the MacDonnell Ranges and the enthusiastic crowd hanging over the fence, predominantly it seemed indigenous supporters of the two clubs, it was like a high quality country match.

Both teams wore their indigenous jumpers and the indigenous players from both teams came together at the end. I particularly liked the embrace and swap of jumpers by Neville and Lewis Jetta.

I was a bit puzzled when these AS & Darwin matches first started but I now think they are great.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I loved watching the Melbourne v West Coast match in Alice Springs. With the beautiful red background of the MacDonnell Ranges and the enthusiastic crowd hanging over the fence, predominantly it seemed indigenous supporters of the two clubs, it was like a high quality country match.

Both teams wore their indigenous jumpers and the indigenous players from both teams came together at the end. I particularly liked the embrace and swap of jumpers by Neville and Lewis Jetta.

I was a bit puzzled when these AS & Darwin matches first started but I now think they are great.
    +1, good post.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It is interesting how all three teams who have ditched their coach have immediately performed better. In all cases it did seem before the sackings as though they'd stopped playing for their respective coaches and that appears to have the case.
    I think it's because a coach under pressure employs a more defensive game plan, because an offensive, daring style can lead to a 100 point loss which equals instant dismissal.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

Thanks for this, Like Paul Kelly (singer) I was born in The Alice ... listen to “A bastard from the bush.”
    They would love these games. A huge event.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast