Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 18 Weekly Discussion Thread

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It is interesting how all three teams who have ditched their coach have immediately performed better. In all cases it did seem before the sackings as though they'd stopped playing for their respective coaches and that appears to have the case.
    My theory is the players pull their finger out for the first few weeks under the new coach, because if they kept losing,
    it would be very easy to deduce that it was them (the players) that were the problem, not the old coach. After a few
    weeks honeymoon with the new coach, they usually run out of puff and revert to their old losing ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Thanks for this, Like Paul Kelly (singer) I was born in The Alice ... listen to “A bastard from the bush.”
    They would love these games. A huge event.
    Thank you for the Paul Kelly reference - I love his singing and didn’t know he was from Alice Springs. I listened to his song ‘A bastard like me’ which I think is what you meant: great, nice video here:

Paul Kelly - A Bastard Like Me (Official Video) - YouTube

(First I listened to a reading of Henry Lawson poem ‘A bastard from the bush’ - wow, the language nearly made me blush! Still a great poem though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Thank you for the Paul Kelly reference - I love his singing and didn’t know he was from Alice Springs. I listened to his song ‘A bastard like me’ which I think is what you meant: great, nice video here:

Paul Kelly - A Bastard Like Me (Official Video) - YouTube

(First I listened to a reading of Henry Lawson poem ‘A bastard from the bush’ - wow, the language nearly made me blush! Still a great poem though.)
    Loved the video , yes, that’s the one!
    I play music (all sorts, but lots of Ozzie) on my bicycle Tours (this is not an ad, primarily international tourists).

Loved the video , yes, that’s the one!
    I play music (all sorts, but lots of Ozzie) on my bicycle Tours (this is not an ad, primarily international tourists).
    OT but - a few years ago I went to a wonderful concert here in Sydney by the late, great Leonard Cohen - and the warm-up act was Paul Kelly. What a treat, perhaps the best concert I’ve ever been to.

More Head scratchers from the MRO. Harris Andrews gets a week for that incident ? There have been far worse this year that only attracted fines . Should challenge and should get off .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    More Head scratchers from the MRO. Harris Andrews gets a week for that incident ? There have been far worse this year that only attracted fines . Should challenge and should get off .

Shambles. Barass concusses Viney after bumping him in head. Nothing to see here.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    My theory is the players pull their finger out for the first few weeks under the new coach, because if they kept losing,
    it would be very easy to deduce that it was them (the players) that were the problem, not the old coach. After a few
    weeks honeymoon with the new coach, they usually run out of puff and revert to their old losing ways.
    May be the case with St Kilda, but the improvement has sustained over a period longer than a honeymoon with North.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Shambles. Barass concusses Viney after bumping him in head. Nothing to see here.
    Agree, don’t understand that at all.

Harris 1 week suspension upheld ! They hardly rub anyone out for a strike all year and then this incident , of all of them , gets a week . I’m gobsmacked

It’s always illuminating to get know a player better by sitting him down in front of an inquisitive and probing panel.
    Toby Green on The Back Page Live came across as quite a down to earth and likeable lad really.

This week Rhylee West, son of club great Scott West, is going to debut for the Dogs. The club has posted a video of the coach announcing the selection to the playing group: Bevo surprises Rhylee West - westernbulldogs.com.au. Why is that the Swans don't do likewise? Last week Hayden McLean debuted for us. He had a bit of a back story and our coach got him up in front of our players too. Would love to get some of that behind the scenes stuff that helps you to feel closer to the players and the team, which as a fan I imagine we all want. Clearly the video footage exists - they excerpted a snippet of it a little package the media team made up to celebrate the debut. Why not let us see it? It's great that they made the other package and gave us an interview with Hayden but would still love to see how the coach communicates to the players behind closed doors (albeit the doors are less "closed" once you start publishing the video).

Veterans List
    It’s always illuminating to get know a player better by sitting him down in front of an inquisitive and probing panel.
    Toby Green on The Back Page Live came across as quite a down to earth and likeable lad really.
    So true - Phil Davis is always all over Buddy when they play so my dislike was strong. That was ruined when he hosted On the Couch and turned out to be intelligent, thoughtful and nice. How do I match the two Phil Davises? Next I'll find out that Razor Ray is a stand up comic who cares for orphaned puppies.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast