Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 18 Weekly Discussion Thread

#AFL Round 18 Weekly Discussion Thread

At the Giants V Pies game.
    When the Giants slick play-on game works, they are terrific .
    Fab evening for footy here.

Veterans List
    Beat be by a few minutes HP. Well done!

Interesting round so far. Bombers show the footy world just how bad Adelaide can be, Richmond do the same with the Power and Carlton, as expected, defeat the Suns.

Now the Giants are doing a job on Collingwood, 36 pts up at the moment. Now the obvious question: Can they do it for four quarters?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Beat be by a few minutes HP. Well done!

Interesting round so far. Bombers show the footy world just how bad Adelaide can be, Richmond do the same with the Power and Carlton, as expected, defeat the Suns.

Now the Giants are doing a job on Collingwood, 36 pts up at the moment. Now the obvious question: Can they do it for four quarters?
    Essendon looked outstanding in the second half. Probably the quickest team in the comp
    A real threat on that form.

Veterans List
    The Giants were killing Collingwood in the first quarter. It's turned around in the second quarter but Collingwood can't score.

Veterans List
    Wow Pies are very ordinary as were Crows. Playing havoc with my footy tipping.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Wow Pies are very ordinary as were Crows. Playing havoc with my footy tipping.
    Yeah, I tipped the Crows....but I did tip GWS. We'll see....I think they should be safe, 40 up late in the third.

I'm listening to the ABC radio feed now.....Howe has just taken a screamer....a real 'hanger'. Have to look out for that one!

This time last year lions were I think 3/4 last and we were top 4. Completely reversed this and some are now talking up Lions as premiership contenders. Shows you that with a few key additions, we could be back in the mix as soon as next year. Form is such a fickle thing in the AFL these days!

Tipped the first 3 games, but went for the Pies. They do seem to be mounting some sort of comeback

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    This time last year lions were I think 3/4 last and we were top 4. Completely reversed this and some are now talking up Lions as premiership contenders. Shows you that with a few key additions, we could be back in the mix as soon as next year. Form is such a fickle thing in the AFL these days!
    Exactly right, although you could see something building at the Lions, even though they weren't getting many wins. It has all come together for them this season and this article (originally on the AFL site but now I can only find it on the Lions site) explains how that unfolded in the off season....a lot went right for them but they knew what they wanted and cleverly ticked all the boxes. I hope we can do the same after this season is over.....

Science and luck: How the Lions' list has come together - lions.com.au

Genuine question - why does Grundy wear one sock pulled up, the other down?

Pies are cooked .
    Attendance : 15,647
    I thought Collingwood fans travelled anywhere?
    Pleasant experience here.
    Met a physical trainer with a team here from Darwin (where I grew up) called Renae.
    Her team is THE CROCS ... there’s just been a carnival in Sydney.
    She mentioned an 18yr old kid up there (not in her team) called Cobden I think .. she said he’s outstanding .
    Bought her a coffee and a donut for the info .

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Genuine question - why does Grundy wear one sock pulled up, the other down?
    It’s a sign to his GF he won’t be home for dinner, he’s heading to the Lord Nelson to forget another drubbing .

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast