Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 19 - Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Inawson

Out: Lloyd

As was duly noted in the game thread, Jake Lloyd landed not even 1 tackle last week. Zero! It's just not good enough. I wouldn't even mind seeing Jake tackle Chelsea Roffe a couple of times a game. Just show me something. Let him go back to ressies where most of his league leading metres gained stats will come from jumping the boundary fence to retrieve the ball some idiot kicked into the parking lot.

The simple problem is that Jake is just in possession of the ball way too much, and everyone knows it's pretty hard to tackle someone when your're holding the ball, unless you're tackling yourself, a feat only Tom Derickx was able to master.

He's got it too easy. Just picks up the ball from the box behind the goal posts, stands in the goal square, looks left, looks right, looks into the stands, looks at the scoreboard, looks at the bench, checks his twitter account, and finally, when the umpire has had just about enough, blows his whistle and Jake runs out of the goals square, kicks the ball 20 metres and the umpire calls play on. He's so predictable. I'd like to see Zak Jones doing the kick-ins. Hard for oppo coaches to plan for his antics.

Once Jake is out of the seniors, other players should see their disposal number go up, which will be a big confidence booster for the rest of the team and would probably lead us to a premiership this year if the AFL would only add a few more games to the schedule.

Ludwig is back! You had me laughing several times. Can you imagine Zak having the responsibility of kicking the ball in? He'd probably size up his opposition, tuck that sherrin under his arm, take them on with a little shimmy and get tackled 10 metres out from the goal square. Maybe he'd mix it up with a failed fend off, or a 360 spin before biting the dust. Who knows? I don't think Zak does.

Ludds, you are the Titus of REO, who I note is now appearing in grabs on TV.
    Enjoyed this ‘take on Jake’.
    I don’t think he’d be able to tackle Chelsea, like she’s far too nimble on her feet and would shimmy out of reach in a heartbeat .
    What about the goal post ?

- - - Updated - - -

RWO

Inawson

As was duly noted in the game thread, Jake Lloyd landed not even 1 tackle last week. Zero! It's just not good enough. I wouldn't even mind seeing Jake tackle Chelsea Roffe a couple of times a game. Just show me something. Let him go back to ressies where most of his league leading metres gained stats will come from jumping the boundary fence to retrieve the ball some idiot kicked into the parking lot.

The simple problem is that Jake is just in possession of the ball way too much, and everyone knows it's pretty hard to tackle someone when your're holding the ball, unless you're tackling yourself, a feat only Tom Derickx was able to master.

He's got it too easy. Just picks up the ball from the box behind the goal posts, stands in the goal square, looks left, looks right, looks into the stands, looks at the scoreboard, looks at the bench, checks his twitter account, and finally, when the umpire has had just about enough, blows his whistle and Jake runs out of the goals square, kicks the ball 20 metres and the umpire calls play on. He's so predictable. I'd like to see Zak Jones doing the kick-ins. Hard for oppo coaches to plan for his antics.

Once Jake is out of the seniors, other players should see their disposal number go up, which will be a big confidence booster for the rest of the team and would probably lead us to a premiership this year if the AFL would only add a few more games to the schedule.

Great Post. I agree with what you say but I don't believe the MC have the "Sherrins" to do that. No tackles in many games is Mr Lloyd. McCartin deserves a rest and in the last couple of games has not set the world on fire.

In: Dawson
    Out: McCartin

On the veteran's list
    Inawson

Lloyd got the 8 votes in the coaches award.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Lloyd got the 8 votes in the coaches award.
    This from the AFL "Team of the Week", which Lloyd is in.

"....and Jake Lloyd did what he always does, racking up the football in Sydney's narrow loss to Fremantle."......but is he actually helping the team?

Team of the Week, R18: Who makes the cut? - AFL.com.au

Warming the Bench
    I would expect Dawson to come back in but who goes out. Stoddart is the most likely candidate but, like others, i want to see him get a run of games.

Looking at the team stats from the Freo game other candidates are Florent, Hayward and McCartin. I'd like to see Menzel back in so i'm going for 2 changes

outs: Florent, McCartin
    ins: Dawson, Menzel

If you can't get the ball past the half-back line, what's the point of kicking it in? A lot of empty stats.
    May as well kick it to me.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

If naismith is available, then surely he comes back in. Even if limited game time.

We desperately need a ruckman.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    If you can't get the ball past the half-back line, what's the point of kicking it in? A lot of empty stats.
    May as well kick it to me.
    This is some sort of a myth. The Swans are the best team in the AFL scoring from play originating in their defensive zone. The Swans are obviously not doing so well scoring from stoppages and turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If naismith is available, then surely he comes back in. Even if limited game time.

Naismith hasn't played in 2 years. You can't just bring him back to play AFL. He needs to be carefully managed. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play senior football this year (something I predicted at the time of his injury). See NicNat as an example. I would also put Buddy on ice. It's getting to the point in the season where it hardly makes sense to play him, even if fully recovered. I would like to see both fit and ready to get in a full preseason than play now in meaningless games.

Regular in the Side
    Knoll for McCartin and Dawson for Stoddart. Knoll has to come in now Sinclair is gone for the year. Rough on Stoddart but Dawson has to come back in. Naismith to play a managed half in the NEAFL.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Are you one of our medical staff?

Naismith hasn't played in 2 years. You can't just bring him back to play AFL. He needs to be carefully managed. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play senior football this year (something I predicted at the time of his injury). See NicNat as an example. I would also put Buddy on ice. It's getting to the point in the season where it hardly makes sense to play him, even if fully recovered. I would like to see both fit and ready to get in a full preseason than play now in meaningless games.
    I did say "if he's available". If so, he might as well play seniors as NEAFL.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast