Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: #AFL Round 19 Swans v Cats Sun 28-Jul at SCG #AFLSwansCats @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    You are probably right. Ben has likely gone back to the "Mens Cut $15" shopfront at Eastgardens this year after living large
    and having his hair styled at $80 a pop in Surry Hills last season. It's a reflection of where his head is at in more ways than
    one I suppose. We'll know the team is really down on confidence when Dane shows similar evidence of a trip out to Eastgardens.
    Right now, he's all we've got when it comes to confident (some would say arrogant) hair in the team.
    NEVER! As I left the SCG on Sunday I chatted with three ladies who were all sporting magnificent red #Ramperobes.

They felt good. I am tempted to treat myself.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Hope you're right but fear his kicking skills and game sense up forward are irreversible
    I think his game sense up forward is sound. You don't have multiple scoring shots unless you know where to be in the forward line. It seemed to have abandoned him early this season but Sunday, added to his best games last year, indicate he has it. And his kicking at goal seems a lot more secure than his field kicking. I know he muffed a few on Sunday, but we have better credentialed players (eg Heeney, Papley) who are guilty of regularly muffing very gettable shots and their overall ability isn't questioned as a result.

It's still early days but Sunday was an encouraging sign that his best games last year might not have just been flashes in the pan. It's not uncommon - indeed it is very common indeed - for players to struggle in the year after their initial break-out year. I am still optimistic he could become a pretty handy goal sneak. He's genuinely quick, good enough over head for his size, and comes across as humble and down to earth. He's also still young and very inexperienced.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    NEVER! As I left the SCG on Sunday I chatted with three ladies who were all sporting magnificent red #Ramperobes.

They felt good. I am tempted to treat myself.
    Sorry man, I didn't mean to scare anyone. The prospect of a mane-less Dane is somewhere the team does not want to go.
    Our confidence will be at such a low ebb, the AFL will be offering us multiple priority picks without us even asking.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Sorry man, I didn't mean to scare anyone. The prospect of a mane-less Dane is somewhere the team does not want to go.
    Our confidence will be at such a low ebb, the AFL will be offering us multiple priority picks without us even asking.
    Dane is the sartorial leader of the club. Although a massive shout out to Aliir2 for folically channeling Mr T.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819