Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 20 v Giants

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Following Longmire's press conference just now. Rampe (eye bleed) and O'Riordan (groin) will be outs this week.
    Yikes. There could be carnage down in the backline if Cameron/Himmelberg/Finlayson get a roll on like they did against Collingwood
    the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    With both Rampe and COR out we might have to play both McCartin and Dawson back.

At this stage of the week, I would be leaning toward Florent and Knoll coming into the side. There could be some other changes as well. McLean or Fox might be dropped. After a strong NEAFL performance, I might give Rose another shot. Bell, Wicks and Menzel are also in the mix. I don't think Thurlow has been playing well in the reserves, but given that 2 defenders are out, he too should be considered.

It looks a difficult task for the boys this week against a Giantesque opponent. I don't see us having winners anywhere on the ground, but it's these sort of games that can surprise.
    I wonder if pink will get a run a defender?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Those two outs probably bypass players getting dropped on form. So Melican gets a reprieve.

Would probably bring Thurlow in for O’Riordan, push McCartin back. Play McClean up front and bring Knoll in for a run.

Naismith will get a game before the end of the season but hopefully just demons and the saints.

Had wondered what happened to Rampe at the game yesterday, as was in discomfort for quite a bit after the unclear incident. Makes sense now.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I'm unavailable this week... I don't go to their home ground and put money in their purses.
    They'll just have to play without me.
    Hard, I know, but they'll muddle through.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Jeez we might have to play McCartin on Cameron or something. This could get ugly.

On the Rookie List
    I think the best way for to reduce the potential havoc of Cameron, Himmelberg, Greene and Finlayson is to dominate the midfield and clearances. And that is where my strategy collapses!
    Thurlow to come in and be a warm, strong body in the back line to replace Rampe. Rose can replace O'Riordon.
    Melican, McLean and Aliir to be tall defenders, Reid and McCartin to swap between ruck and CHF. Heeney to play full forward and kick a bag. Easy!

I went out to watch the Giants touch up the Pies.

The tik was just $20 for a good seat, the food is better, the coffee is better, you are close to the action, the music isn’t deafening, I found a place for free parking and I met some kids from Darwin down for the carnival.
    It was most enjoyable. They are my second team.

On what I saw, the Swans with all the excellent young potential are not even remotely in this game.

How can we get Himmelberg to the Swans.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I went out to watch the Giants touch up the Pies.

The tik was just $20 for a good seat, the food is better, the coffee is better, you are close to the action, the music isn’t deafening, I found a place for free parking and I met some kids from Darwin down for the carnival.
    It was most enjoyable.
    They are my second team.

On what I saw, the Swans with all the excellent young potential are not even remotely in this game.

How can we get Himmelberg to the Swans.
    Being in Victoria, the only stadiums I have experienced in recent years are the 'G, Marvel and Kardinia Park at Geelong. For food and coffee, my ratings for those would be:

1/ MCG (last attendance 2017, Members Stand).....brilliant, great food and coffee.....quite reasonably priced.

2/ Kardinia Park (last attended Round 11 this year, Members Stand).....good food and great coffee.....reasonably priced.

3/ Marvel Stadium (OK, admittedly last attended about 4 years ago, so may be better now and not Members Stand).....OK food and OK coffee.....expensive.

PS: That would be 'How can we get Himmelberg to the Swans ? "

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Those two outs probably bypass players getting dropped on form. So Melican gets a reprieve.

Would probably bring Thurlow in for O’Riordan, push McCartin back. Play McClean up front and bring Knoll in for a run.

Naismith will get a game before the end of the season but hopefully just demons and the saints.
    Agree with all of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    I think the best way for to reduce the potential havoc of Cameron, Himmelberg, Greene and Finlayson is to dominate the midfield and clearances. And that is where my strategy collapses!
    Thurlow to come in and be a warm, strong body in the back line to replace Rampe. Rose can replace O'Riordon.
    Melican, McLean and Aliir to be tall defenders, Reid and McCartin to swap between ruck and CHF. Heeney to play full forward and kick a bag. Easy!
    Dominate the clearances - ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    Easy!

Thanks, I needed a laugh after today’s information piled on the injury woe for this year.

Organic self-destruction.

I'm so happy that we don't have to tank to get a high draft pick.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast