Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McVeigh retirement

The one aspect about mcveigh's game that i didnt like was his criticism of fellow players if they didnt pass the ball to him or stuffed it up. He didnt handle his teammates comments either. Otherwise a fine player born and bred locally for all the years he played. Now it will be interesting to see whose place he takes on the coaching panel??

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    The one aspect about mcveigh's game that i didnt like was his criticism of fellow players if they didnt pass the ball to him or stuffed it up. He didnt handle his teammates comments either. Otherwise a fine player born and bred locally for all the years he played. Now it will be interesting to see whose place he takes on the coaching panel??
    His criticism of other players probably a form of tough love, not fashionable these days unfortunately. No one is perfect but I'm sure he was just as hard on himself. Not sure how you can conclude that he didn't handle criticism from other players well. Pretty sure Kirk, Crouch etc got into him in the early days.

It was pretty emotional watching the press conference and seeing big Horse get a bit teary eyed! Did anyone else notice the icy looks that Macca threw the way of I think his wife when that mobile phone rang a couple of times ? Boy he Wasn’t happy about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Does anyone have a link to the presser? Can’t seem to find it..

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the presser? Can’t seem to find it..
    McVeigh Retirement Press Conference - 1 August, 2019 - sydneyswans.com.au

So many rush to be "the victim".
    McVeigh has had a long career no doubt, but it hasn't always been 'great'. Mchack and Mcpointy were nicknames earnt, not given and that sort of history cannot be written over.
    However, there is a time and place to reflect on the negative, and that is not in a retirement thread.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i do recall Macca kicking 6 goals against the Bulldogs in Canberra, playing as a midfielder?

He could always kick goals... he just ran hot and cold when he was a LOT younger.
    I'm so glad the club have retained his services as a coach. His experience is priceless.
    What a send off!!
    Onya Macca.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    So many rush to be "the victim".
    McVeigh has had a long career no doubt, but it hasn't always been 'great'. Mchack and Mcpointy were nicknames earnt, not given and that sort of history cannot be written over.
    However, there is a time and place to reflect on the negative, and that is not in a retirement thread.
    Phone box minority would find the time and place to reflect on the negative of his career.

There is negative in all careers.
    Own it. It's life.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    There is negative in all careers.
    Own it. It's life.
    Thank you Annie. This is ridiculous. He's one of our all-time greats. Some people misjudged his talent in his early years and bagged him mercilessly. Now, even after all his monumental achievements, they are still trying to justify their foolishness.

His "talent" wasn't "misjudged" in his early years.
    It wasn't until he "matured" that his "talent" improved.
    Stop trying to start an argument. You're not going to get one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast