Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: #AFL Round 20 Giants v Swans Sat 3-Aug at GIANTS Stadium #AFLGiantsSwans @sydneyswans

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I don't know if this is a new thing or not, but I have a feeling that both giants and swans home games are now predominantly only attended by members. The walk-ups and casual fans have dried right up.

It could be because of difficulty buying tickets, too expensive, or no promotion for games. It's a worrying sign.
    This is correct. The percentage of walk-ups at the SCG and Giants Stadium of the total crowd is a lower than at the venues in the southern
    states. The general thinking is this is because there is less "casual" interest in the game in Sydney than in the southern states.
    Prices for walk-up tickets are slightly higher at the two Sydney venues than elsewhere, but that is not regarded as the major issue
    deterring walk-ups.
    Last edited by KTigers; 6th August 2019 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    That's not the reason you gave last week.
    I believe it was... I don't go because buying a ticket at any price, puts money into their back pocket.
    I wasn't put on this earth to keep them financially afloat.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415