Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes For Round 21 v Port

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    If Bell is in I guess that Amartey is not.
    I Thought the same , unless he is announced today and the club didn’t want to ruin their respective moments by announcing their debuts simultaneously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I think Bell is ready. I went to both his last two games and he is playing at AFL standard. He is playing a very direct, hard running style of game. In particular he is physically hitting it hard. I think you can tell when a player is ready to play afl.
    Looks like you were right. I just hope they leave him in for a few games.

Veterans List
    Ugly weather here the next few days, will be wet and slippery on Saturday, not a great type of day to debut.

Three games to go, surely they just leave Bell in so he has time to adjust to senior pace and intensity, will help him for 2020. Also probably means we can now pencil him into the 2020 list.

Awesome video on the Sydneyswans website of James bell calling his mum

Warming the Bench
    in bell, rampe out rose jack easy
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    +1 in theory that’s what will happen

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    I'm not sure why the 'experienced general' love for McVeigh doesn't extend to Jack. He is as wise and experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'm not sure why the 'experienced general' love for McVeigh doesn't extend to Jack. He is as wise and experienced.
    I reckon Kizza is gorn

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Was a great player. While McVeigh's body stood up, he still influenced the game. Kieren just makes up the numbers now sadly.

Changes For Round 21 v Port

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Was a great player. While McVeigh's body stood up, he still influenced the game. Kieren just makes up the numbers now sadly.
    Exactly . McVeigh if fit is in our best 22, has never looked lost out there and still found the ball easily and used it efficiently. Jack not so much , despite an occasional good moment has been largely invisible in the games he has played this year ( and last year too mostly). Plus he is less of on field leader in the sense that I don’t think he has a great footy brain like Macca does.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Exactly . McVeigh if fit is in our best 22, has never looked lost out there and still found the ball easily and used it efficiently. Jack not so much , despite an occasional good moment has been largely invisible in the games he has played this year ( and last year too mostly). Plus he is less of on field leader in the sense that I don’t think he has a great footy brain like Macca does.
    Agree. His demise has hurt us in the sense that I reckon the club thought that they would get a few more high class years out of him. Injuries took their toll unfortunately. Hard to see him staying on the list.

Veterans List
    Nice piece went up this afternoon on the Swans website interviewing Bell about his journey from soccer to the academy to debut. Good vibes about him, hope he can make it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast