Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes For Round 21 v Port

Changes For Round 21 v Port

So Rampe an obvious in if fit. Rose the obvious out.

I’m not sure it’s worth playing Kizza for a handful of touches when a youngster would surely do no worse. Is this the week for Knoll to come in?

OUT: Rose, Kizza
    IN: Rampe, Knoll

I think Bell is ready. I went to both his last two games and he is playing at AFL standard. He is playing a very direct, hard running style of game. In particular he is physically hitting it hard. I think you can tell when a player is ready to play afl.

Amartey had a cracker this week against GWS in the NEAFL. At times it looked like him versus the opposition midfield. Time to give him a run.
    In Rampe Amartey
    Out Rose Jack

Amartey and McClean matching Westoff and Ryder seems our best match ups of ‘big’ men for some time

How bad is Amartey’s endurance? During one of the conversations with Cal, he makes a joke out of Amartey’s performances in the 3km (?) time trial

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    How bad is Amartey’s endurance? During one of the conversations with Cal, he makes a joke out of Amartey’s performances in the 3km (?) time trial
    I've been at or watched all the NEAFL games this year. I have not noticed any issues with Armateys endurance. I usually sit behind the interchange and he seems fine. I think he and Belly are ready for seniors. But I base that more on their attack on the ball and the player. Both are fierce at the moment and so I think they should get elevated now whilst the streak continues.

I'm very keen to give these guys like Armety and Bell a go in the seniors. We have nothing to lose. I know we have a Club mantra not to gift games to youngsters but we now have the perfect opportunity to gauge how they might perform on the big stage. I can't see much point in playing Jack now apart from a farewell game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The point of playing Jack is that it is an invaluable opportunity for a wise old head to guide our younger players on the field and help them develop and get better while we still have him for 3 more matches. Whether that consideration should take priority over other factors I am content to leave to the MC. You certainly can't say they are not playing the youth. It seems to me that no matter how much youth they play there are people here that just want them to play more. But what has been seen with other clubs is that youth without experience to guide them don't develop as well as a rule (I'm sure there are exceptions).

Veterans List
    Help needed, I've rung the club who can't provide me with details of the Swans flight to Adelaide on Friday.

I was hoping to take my Swans mad 6yo grandson to the airport to grab some autographs, does anyone know when we're flying or other than the stonewall at the club's reception, how to find out?

TIA

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Maybe try some of the Adelaide based AFL journos on Twitter -

Lee Gaskin - @Lee_Gaskin1
    Michaelangelo Rucci - @michelangeloruc

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Maybe try some of the Adelaide based AFL journos on Twitter -

Lee Gaskin - @Lee_Gaskin1
    Michaelangelo Rucci - @michelangeloruc
    Thanks Ugg, cheers

Bell to debut this weekend!