Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 21 Weekly Discussion Thread

Leon Cameron is the P-plate coach who has driven the Ferrari off a cliff.

I hope the AFL have deep pockets.

I didn't see the match but great coaching by Clarko vis a vis the weather. He really got his team to embrace the conditions. They were fooling around in the cold at the training run with Clarko leading by example by running around topless and making it fun. He was still leading by example and welcoming the challenge during the match when he was wearing shorts out on the ground while it was snowing at quarter time. Smart. We'll never know for sure but I suspect effective too despite Leon Cameron saying it was "silly" to suggest the weather impacted on the result (even if it indubitably effected the game).

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

They are such a remarkably talented side, and even with a bunch of outs they really should have been able to put Hawthorn to the sword last night. It was woeful- I gave up half way through the last quarter and I'm amazed I lasted that long.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

#AFL Round 21 Weekly Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I didn't see the match but great coaching by Clarko vis a vis the weather. He really got his team to embrace the conditions. They were fooling around in the cold at the training run with Clarko leading by example by running around topless and making it fun. He was still leading by example and welcoming the challenge during the match when he was wearing shorts out on the ground while it was snowing at quarter time. Smart. We'll never know for sure but I suspect effective too despite Leon Cameron saying it was "silly" to suggest the weather impacted on the result (even if it indubitably effected the game).
    Clarko is a genius. How he gets that side up to win some of these games when they really have nothing to play for is remarkable. And it’s not much of a side this year either. If I was him I’d take the carlton gig in a heartbeat. He could take them to a three peat too in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Clarko is a genius. How he gets that side up to win some of these games when they really have nothing to play for is remarkable. And it’s not much of a side this year either. If I was him I’d take the carlton gig in a heartbeat. He could take them to a three peat too in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hawks played well but they had no real opposition last night

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    They are such a remarkably talented side, and even with a bunch of outs they really should have been able to put Hawthorn to the sword last night. It was woeful- I gave up half way through the last quarter and I'm amazed I lasted that long.
    Very good list ( I think it's still overrated by some a bit), average coach. I heard they have been sniffing around Richardson (ex Saints coach). He's just as bad. They need clarko.

Senior Player
    Thought North were having a bad night with 1 goal to three quarter time. Then I saw the Bombers score.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Thought North were having a bad night with 1 goal to three quarter time. Then I saw the Bombers score.
    Then they got three late ones to end up only very embarrassed instead of extremely embarrassed. So North end up more embarrassed.....and so do I as they were my 'roughy' tip this week. Sad.....

On the other hand, pure joy! The Wallabies have beaten the All Blacks tonight. 47-26.....that's a thumping! Whoo Hoo!!

Israel who?
    Last edited by stevoswan; 10th August 2019 at 11:04 PM.

Senior Player
    Man, this round has to be setting a new benchmark in one-sided games of footy. One blowout after another. One team is
    allowed to kick 21 goals in a row, meanwhile others can't kick one in a couple of hours. Is it climate change? Trump?
    the Chinese?.... I dunno, but something is up.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Man, this round has to be setting a new benchmark in one-sided games of footy. One blowout after another. One team is
    allowed to kick 21 goals in a row, meanwhile others can't kick one in a couple of hours. Is it climate change? Trump?
    the Chinese?.... I dunno, but something is up.
    I hate,hate, hate to say it because I can't stand them and will never forgive 2016 but the Bulldogs were absolutely awesome last night.
    21 unanswered goals!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I hate,hate, hate to say it because I can't stand them and will never forgive 2016 but the Bulldogs were absolutely awesome last night.
    21 unanswered goals!
    Yeah they were pretty relentless from what I saw. I watched up until halftime and they were at ten in a row. Got to think that
    Essendon (who aren't completely terrible) rolled over at some stage though. Even though we got beat up a bit yesterday, at least
    we keep trying however ineffective it is sometimes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

By my count GWS are missing 9 best 22 players so not surprised they are getting wobbly. Still have the most talented list in the AFL but it's getting chipped away at. If Cogs leaves they still have to face Whitfield and Kelly being lured home next year. FA is just hitting them so the days of two first rounders for top talent is drying up.
    Last edited by 707; 11th August 2019 at 11:48 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast