Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 21 Power v Swans Sat 10-Aug at Adelaide Oval #AFLPowerSwans @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    He was just OK today but I guess he is getting on. Parker is more the worry. Not saying he is done etc I just think he must be carrying a pretty bad injury...
    Was Parker being tagged? 12 disposals 1 clearance but 8 tackles
    Kennedy 24 disposals 8 clearances
    Ollie 29 and 9

I know Hewett tagged Boak effectively, but it also meant he wasn't winning so much of the ball. Not sure if that's a win?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Ollie 29 and 9

I know Hewett tagged Boak effectively, but it also meant he wasn't winning so much of the ball. Not sure if that's a win?
    Parker lost a lot of one on ones. He just seems to have lost his fast reflex movement so I suspect an injury.

Hewitt got a pretty good amount of ball but we have to try and shutdown their best player don't we? I guess Clarke could have had a go but might be too short for Boak.

EDIT - I knew I should have checked it! Clarke is supposedly 1cm taller than Boak!

Veterans List
    Bell's stat's aren't too good.....for those who saw the game, how did he go?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    He was a bit lost. He is usually a midfielder in the NEAFL. Hard to play as a forward flanker when the inside 50's don't go your way. Again, give him the rest of the year. Only player who deserves a tribute game is Jack I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Parker lost a lot of one on ones. He just seems to have lost his fast reflex movement so I suspect an injury.

Hewitt got a pretty good amount of ball but we have to try and shutdown their best player don't we? I guess Clarke could have had a go but might be too short for Boak.

EDIT - I knew I should have checked it! Clarke is supposedly 1cm taller than Boak!
    Clarke's been used to tag outside runners and Hewett inside mids. I wonder if Parker should take Hewett's role?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Didn't get near the ball often. Didn't look totally out of place when he did. Almost kicked a running goal after a great give and go. And had a set shot for goal that fell short. It wasn't Stoddart-2019-like. He seemed to be OK with the pace of the game.

Senior Player
    Clarke's been used to tag outside runners and Hewett inside mids. I wonder if Parker should take Hewett's role?
    Maybe but I think Parker is done for this year. We will see I guess.

Clarke was OK today I thought. Except for the 50M. McLean looks a bit done, I feel sorry for him.

When are we going to stop this silly idea of Allir as a Ruckman. We must be about 0 wins from 4 attempts now?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    When are we going to stop this silly idea of Allir as a Ruckman. We must be about 0 wins from 4 attempts now?
    Agree. We were very short in defence and was slaughtered by the tall and faster port fwds. Aliir needs to stay in defence.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It is true that it is a silly idea because he is a key part of our defence and has more of a risk of injury rucking.
    What's also true is that he has been the best option in there since we lost Sinclair. Was almost BOG against Essendon and gave us a number of clearances in the other games.

Just watched Horse's press conference. I thought his performance was disappointing and his answers to the questions were at the best average.

Not an inspiring effort for a team that struggled badly today.

Ollie 29 and 9

I'm surprised by JPKs numbers, maybe he was going better than I noticed.
    As a general comment though, it just seems like we really struggle to get clean ball. It's always scrappy and pressured. If we could actually get the ball on the outside, we actually have the pace and skills (Ollie, Blakey, Dawson) to hurt the opposition.